Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Need a PS2 game recommendation for a game similar to Dark Cloud. Help!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-02, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I suppose the subject heading says it all. My girlfriend just finished playing Dark Cloud and absolutely loved it. I'm looking to buy her another game that is similar, but don't know what to get. Any ideas or suggesions?

By the way, we just purchased the PS2 about a month ago, so we don't have many games. You don't have to limit your suggestions to new games because we don't have any older ones.

The only games we own are:

(1) Dark Cloud
(2) Devil May Cry
(3) Jak & Daxter

So, any suggestions you might have for a game similar to Dark Cloud would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 01-30-02, 11:23 PM

Did you go through all the 100 sublevels at the end of the game?

A friend of mine just finished it also. He is the type that no matter what new games he has bought, he will only play one game till he defeats it. He's got MGS2, GT3, GTA3 and Red Faction which all are still in there wrappers. He said to break up the monotony, he's gonna play Red Faction next.

I've been dying for him to open GTA3, but he said RF is next.

"CURSES!!"
Old 01-31-02, 10:37 PM

Well, Dark Cloud is more akin to Zelda: OoT, so there is not much on the PS2 like it. But, if she enjoyed Jak & Daxter as well, maybe another 3D platformer?

Maximo from Capcom looks promising.

Or, perhaps Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance? It is more top-down and far more action oriented, but it is a good time in two-player.

If the RPG elements are what she loves, then there are plenty to choose from there such as Final Fantasy X.

Might I suggest ICO as well? Lots of exploring and puzzles, incredible game world and just the right touch of action. A bit short, but some of the best 6 hours of gaming I have ever enjoyed.