Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy X Ending SPOILERS

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-02, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Fantasy X Ending SPOILERS

I just beat Final Fantasy X recently and I have been thinking about what the game's ending means -- specifically when Tidus is shown underwater at the end of the game. What do you guys think it means?
Old 01-30-02, 07:46 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Final Fantasy X Ending SPOILERS

Originally posted by mijang
I just beat Final Fantasy X recently and I have been thinking about what the game's ending means -- specifically when Tidus is shown underwater at the end of the game. What do you guys think it means?
I would have liked to think it meant that he was going to come back. But honestly I don't know what to think. Maybe it was Tidus becoming real and swimming to the surface. Or maybe it was one of Yunas dreams, showing he's alive in her dreams and not just the Fayths. Damned if I know.

todd
Old 01-30-02, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just thought it was a game of Farplane Blitzball.

I need to beat Jecht again so I can see the ending again.
Old 01-31-02, 02:26 PM

I went all the way around the sphere grid with Auron before I fought the final battles... each final boss only took one hit before they dropped. Tee hee
Old 01-31-02, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by bbox
I went all the way around the sphere grid with Auron before I fought the final battles... each final boss only took one hit before they dropped. Tee hee
How'd you do that?
Old 01-31-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The GIA has a rough translation of the FFX international epilogue. It looks Tidus may be alive.

http://www.thegia.com/news/0201/n31a.html
Old 01-31-02, 06:30 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally posted by Wormwood

How'd you do that?
I did this too with Auron AND Tidus . All you have to do is spend about 30-40 extra hours. Get the Overdrive -> AP ability (10 doors to tomorrow) for a whatever characters you wanna beef up. Get Auto-pheonix for atleast 2 of those characters. Set your Overdrive meter to comrad (? which ever one goes up when your allys take damage) Go to the monster arena and fight the cactuar king. Do nothing but defend (turbo controller works wonders) until he runs away. When that happens you will have hella ton of AP. If you have Double AP ability that is wonderful too. I maxed out Tidus's AP level in no time doing that. You will run out of spheres though. So you will have to keep stopping restocking pheonix downs and going to get spheres. Gets kinda tedious, but it works.

todd
Old 01-31-02, 11:15 PM

I dunno. I'm conflicted about the ending. I think that it meant the whole thing was a dream of Tidus'. In the beginning of the game he says something like "I think I fell asleep ... and I just wanted to be with someone." Sometime during the game some Blitzball players will remark "I've heard there are some Blitzers that can even sleep underwater!" Who knows the correct answer?
Old 03-29-02, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just finished FFX a little while ago, and after watching the ending, I'm still a little confused about the story overall. I know that Square probably intended for the story to be open to personal interpretation, but I'm interested in what you guys think. What's the story all about?
Spoiler:
What does the ending with Tidus apparently waking up underwater and swimming to the surface mean?
Old 03-30-02, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Dragon Fly

I did this too with Auron AND Tidus . All you have to do is spend about 30-40 extra hours. Get the Overdrive -> AP ability (10 doors to tomorrow) for a whatever characters you wanna beef up. Get Auto-pheonix for atleast 2 of those characters. Set your Overdrive meter to comrad (? which ever one goes up when your allys take damage) Go to the monster arena and fight the cactuar king. Do nothing but defend (turbo controller works wonders) until he runs away. When that happens you will have hella ton of AP. If you have Double AP ability that is wonderful too. I maxed out Tidus's AP level in no time doing that. You will run out of spheres though. So you will have to keep stopping restocking pheonix downs and going to get spheres. Gets kinda tedious, but it works.

todd

You can use another short cut that my little brother used like the Game Shark the little creep used those codes and nearly ruined my PS2 he won't be using my game console anytime soon.
Old 03-30-02, 08:43 PM

I took it to mean he was reborn. For example, when he enters the Farplane he is welcomed by Seymore and Auron. When he reaches Jecht he slaps him five. I took that to mean that he wasn't joining them in the Farplane but saying goodbye. Like it was Jecht's way of saying "goodluck" with the path you've choosen. Had it been a dream he would have woken up in the blitzball stadium before Sin attacked.