Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best Buy GBA Games: 1 game $5 off, or 2 games $15 off

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-02, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best Buy GBA Games: 1 game $5 off, or 2 games $15 off

This is a pretty good deal. I've got Super Dodge Ball Advance and Wario Land 4 for $44.98 + Tax.

This is only available at B&M. Or $5 off all GBA games at bestbuy.com
Old 01-29-02, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty sweet. I think I'll pick up Castlevania and...something else. I'll have to think about it.
Old 01-29-02, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will have to check this out since I will be picking up my PS2---first video game system since my 8 bit Nintendo---
Old 01-29-02, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by lostatmidnight
I will have to check this out since I will be picking up my PS2---first video game system since my 8 bit Nintendo---
Game Boy Advance games work best with a Game Boy Advance.
Old 01-29-02, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by lostatmidnight
you're in for some serious disapointment
Old 01-29-02, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the info, looks like I'm going to best buy !
Old 01-29-02, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

there was a $5 off coupon for GBA games in gamepro or EGM too for an even better deal
Old 01-29-02, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet...now I'll be getting 10 dollars off 1 game, thanks to the added egm coupon.

BB better have Wario 4 in dang it. Last time I went they were like "wario what? lets look...nope, don't see it here, i guess we don't have it".

BB employees are worthless these days.
Old 01-29-02, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Zodo
Sweet...now I'll be getting 10 dollars off 1 game, thanks to the added egm coupon.

BB better have Wario 4 in dang it. Last time I went they were like "wario what? lets look...nope, don't see it here, i guess we don't have it".

BB employees are worthless these days.
I have to disagree with you. I couldn't find the Wario Land 4 at Best Buy (Paramus, NJ), and the employee there was nice enough to look for it in the stock room, and he managed to find one for me. So, make sure you ask them to check the stock room.

Also, you can check their availability on the web. Add the items in the shopping cart, then click on "Check shipping cost and store availability" at the bottom, then you will have to select up to 3 store locations, and it will show you their stock. However, I am not sure how up-to-date it is. So, you might want to call ahead to double check!
Old 01-29-02, 10:27 PM

do you know if Best Buy requires you to take the coupon out of the magazines (like the $5 EGM or Nintendo Power ones). I'd rather not cut/tear up the magazines.

Garrett
Old 01-29-02, 10:40 PM

Can we use the coupon as it stated "Not good in combination with other coupons and offers."
Old 01-29-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ottolam
Can we use the coupon as it stated "Not good in combination with other coupons and offers."
don't you scan the cashiers to see who looks the most clueless before you go up there --and especially at BB you probably have a 9/10 shot finding one.
Old 01-30-02, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Update on my pursuit of Wario 4:
I tried the online thing, and apparently the 2 closest best buys to me do not have it in stock. That means that I can't buy it online and pick it up in the store, unless i want to drive like 3 hours total just to get to one that does have it.
...and like hell i'm going to get it shipped my my place for 4 bucks, and not be able to use my egm coupon.

SOOO...I asked the manager for a raincheck on the game and he said 'nope, can't do it'.
So basically I won't be able to take advantage of this deal (at least on the game I want). The only other game I want is Super mario advance 2, which doesn't come out until mid-February.

Maybe i'll pick up golden sun, since i've been wanting to play that one...even though i'm not big on final fantasy sytle rpg's.
Old 01-31-02, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up 2 copies of Golden Sun they were listed at 24.99 but rang up at 22.49. I got both copies for less than 35, already got 1 on Ebay which should recoup my cost. Got Golden Son for a couple bucks :-)