Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any experience with "North American DVD"?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-02, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went to the North American DVD online store and saw the X-Files Season One and Season Two for $79.99 each. Every other site is at least $100. Does anyone have any experience with this company? Are these the normal Region 1 sets that are selling everywhere else? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-28-02, 01:36 PM

Yup--they're the same exact version. Region 1 and everything!!!

The only thing is after you order, it will take about 4 weeks to ship to you. If you can wait, then I suggest you do it. Great savin$$$!!
Old 01-30-02, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Yeah,
I got the World at War series through them.
It retails for about $120 and they had it on sale for $65!
That's almost half off.

It took a little over a month to get to me. But now it's here and everything's fine.

You just have to be patient, but you'll save a lot of $$$.
Old 01-30-02, 07:02 PM

I talked to someone there in trying to do some large business deals. Everything seemed legit, except they wereextremely slow in all facets.
Old 01-31-02, 08:57 AM

I ordered X-Files Season 2 from them and received it a week from my order date. Of course, I live fairly close to the store. They are in London, Ontario I believe. I will definitely do business with them again.
Old 02-16-02, 01:40 AM

Wire transfer only???

I tried to make a large order with them too, and they requested a wire transfer only even though i offered to pay the extra transaction fees assocaited with the credit card payment

does this sound right to you guys???
Old 02-18-02, 05:03 PM
Cool New Member

I would say this is normal for large orders for a company not based in the US.
They are protecting themselves in case of fraud.
Don't take it personal
Old 02-18-02, 06:02 PM

recourse

i guess i could understand that, however the guy called me from a new york number

plus, i really like having some sort of recourse available when i purchase with credit card, with a wire transfer, your on your own
Old 02-18-02, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, Ive been wondering about them too. They have the Kubrick 9 Disc Collection for $99.99 ($102.99 shipped). Definitely a steal at that price, considering I can also sell the two Kubrick discs I already have as well.
If they are really that slow, if I was to order right now, how long would it be before they actually billed me?
Old 02-22-02, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i heard north american dvd charges shipping on a per disc basis. so x-files has 7 discs they will charge you for 7 dvds being shipped. is this the case ?
Old 02-23-02, 08:23 PM

I had a good experience with North American DVD. Early in December my wife ordered the Dirty Harry and From The Earth To The Moon box sets for prices much lower than any other website. While others mention how long it took to receive their orders, mine was placed on a Sunday and received the end of that week. Yes, we were charged per DVD, but it was still cheaper than any other site and if I remember correctly after a certain number of discs they upgrade to UPS.
Old 02-27-02, 06:08 PM
Cool New Member

I placed an order and was very impressed by their prices and speed. However, I have just received my credit card statement and have been over charged by about $19 CDN. I have asked for an answer, but it is making them much less desirable at the moment.
Old 02-27-02, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jamesdoc
I placed an order and was very impressed by their prices and speed. However, I have just received my credit card statement and have been over charged by about $19 CDN. I have asked for an answer, but it is making them much less desirable at the moment.
Did you have a big order? Because what I think happens is that they charge you at the Canadian price and your bank converts it to US currency, and since the exchange rate is changing all the time, you might get charged more than you thought you would. Basically the US price on their website is just an approximation; the real price is the one in canadian $, that's what the CSR told me.
Old 02-27-02, 09:43 PM
Cool New Member

No, it is not a currency conversion problem. They charged me more in CDN.
Old 02-28-02, 03:00 PM
Cool New Member

NorthAmerican have gotten back to me and agreed to refund the difference. My faith in them is renewed.