Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

The one and only 'FORUM IMPROVEMENTS for 2002' Thread

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-02, 07:55 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanx to Geoff and all the mods and others, dvdtalk improved muchly in 2001. I'm happy with how things have changed

of course to keep up with the Joneses you have to keep on improving

what improvements can be made to the forum in 2002 ?
Old 01-25-02, 12:43 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a pointless thread. This whole forum is for feedback and suggestions on how the site can be improved. There's no need for a "One and Only 'FORUM IMPROVEMENTS for 2002' Thread." That's what the whole feedback forum already is.
Old 01-25-02, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-----
Um Josh..... Didn't you just post an entire thread about threadcrapping?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=177771

Yee without sin shalt casith theeeee first rolling stone
----

Actually, I think it's a fair post. What are we going to do in 2002??? Good question

Actually, later this year the company who makes the forum is going to be releasing 3.0 of the forum software, when that's been out for a bit we'll probably give a whirl. Since they haven't announced any of the new features or enhancements, I don't know what will be in store.

Later this month we're scheduled to move the forum (AGAIN) to a bigger faster server. This should resolve a small number of users who have had some speed issues with the site.

As you may or may not know, I've been in the 'planning' stages with Videogametalk. I've been thinking a lot about how that will fit in and integrate with DVD Talk. Hopefully that will become more clear this year.

Um, what else.... On the 'Otter' side of things, I hope to be able to have some sort of DVD Talk get together here in Portland, maybe an informal one at E3, and I've been doing what I can to see if I can't drop in on one of these other forum meets around the country...

I've got an Easter Egg Database on my wish list. Something that DVD Talk members could submit eggs to. I know that there will be a reworking of the search feature in the current DVD Review Databse to make it even easier to find reviews.

I'm not planning right now to add any new forum areas to the forum (outside of what we may do for Videogame Talk). I've toyed with the idea of a Sports Talk forum, but I'm not sure it's something we'll add.

Most likely will be adding a new mod or two to help out as things continue to grow, will probably also be 'promoting' one of our current mods to admin status to be able to help out with some of the global user issues.

Planning to do the Member voted DVD Talkie awards again this year, and have really wanted to start doing more DVD Talk polls and surveys like we did for the 2000 Xmas season.

I'm sure there will be lots more, as a lot of what we do comes in response to the needs and requests of our members.

So I guess the response would really be...... so what would you like to see DVD Talk do in 2002?

- G
Old 01-25-02, 10:26 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by gkleinman
-----

I missed the connection!
Old 01-26-02, 02:50 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by gkleinman
-----

I don't get what your saying boss. I was saying that this forum is for feedback and suggestions on how the site can be improved. By that I meant that there should be a seperate thread discussing each suggestion on what needs to be improved, i.e. thread crapping. I just didn't see the point of having a one and only improvement ideas thread, when the whole forum is already here for the specific purpose of providing feedback and suggestions.