Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

what michael jackson video is this?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 01-24-02, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i remember is that its set is some big dustbowl of a village with lots of adobe huts and stuff. and michael runs up and down stairs and there is a bunch of kids around him for part of it.
Old 01-24-02, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pretty sure its "Black and White" off of Dangerous.
Old 01-24-02, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Toad
Pretty sure its "Black and White" off of Dangerous.
Are you sure? I thought black and white had him ontop of like the Statue of Liberty and then had the people head's morphing.
Old 01-24-02, 08:10 PM

The one that came to my mind from the description was that video he did with Naomi Campbell. It was directed by Herb Ritts and had this washed-out color. I think it was "In The Closet", but that doesn't sound right for some reason.
Old 01-24-02, 10:01 PM

I thought black and white had him ontop of like the Statue of Liberty and then had the people head's morphing.
It does, but it also offers a slew of other sequences, some of which take place in little villages. It's also the one where a panther morphs into MJ and he then destroys some stuff...
Old 01-25-02, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i agree with Toad, i also believe it is Black or White.

Butters, you were thinking of Remember the Time.
-di doctor-
Old 01-25-02, 09:14 AM

Butters, you were thinking of Remember the Time.
No, he wasn't. That description doesn't cover "Time" at all. It included Eddie Murphy, Iman, and Magic Johnson, was shot by John Singleton (not Herb Ritts) and doesn't offer "washed-out colors"...
Old 01-25-02, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is not Remember the Time he is in Egypt in that one. Doesn't he turn into sand or something I think heh.

And, Keep It In The Closet is like in a desert, and you are right, with washed out color, everything is like tanish or something.
Old 01-25-02, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok I just watched Black and White streaming from:
http://www.mjnet.com/

It starts out with George Wendt and Macaulay Culkin. Culkin pisses him off by playing guitar really loud, this blasts Wendt into this like desert with hills setting. These natives start looking around then Michael appears and they start dancing. Then Michael is like dancing in Russia or something. Then he is back in a village setting with these horses running. Then when the rap part of the song comes, he has all these kids on like the steps at Sesame Street at night and Macaulay Culkin is lipsyncing the rap part. Then Michael is ontop of the Statue of Liberty. Then comes the face morhping stuff. Oh and somehwere in there Michael is all mad and walking towards the camera with this explosion stuff happening behind him.
Old 01-25-02, 11:30 AM
Cool New Member

maybe??

my guess would be "They Don't Really Care About Us". Spike Lee directed I think from the History album. He is in a Brazilian slum and there are kids and guys with drums. Not much airplay for it but one of my personal favorites. It was the song he got some flack for because one of the lines is "Kick me, **** me".
Old 01-25-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

LOL! This guy hasn't even checked back to see if his question got answered!