Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk > Video Game Exchange Forum
Reload this Page >

!!!ALERT!!! Crooked trader in our midst (avoid PS2Rocks)

!!!ALERT!!! Crooked trader in our midst (avoid PS2Rocks)

Old 01-21-02, 12:12 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!!!ALERT!!! Crooked trader in our midst

Myself and IamFlip have unfulfilled trades with a Canadian DVD Talker:

PS2 Rocks ([email protected])

Alex Tabaracci
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Mine was arranged on Jan. 5th and I've received no response after dutifully sending out my end of the swap and waiting more than two weeks (Batman Vengeance for Twisted Metal Black). I was contacted via email in regard to my post in this forum. IamFlip's been waiting six weeks ... BEWARE!

removed personal info. working to resolve the bad trades
Old 01-21-02, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've sent my Twisted Metal Black PS2 more than six weeks ago. He claimed he never got it. But he traded it to G. Noel Gross. I am still waiting for the games he said he sent me.
Old 01-21-02, 12:24 PM
Registered

DOH! I am in the same siutation. I sent him Metal Gear Solid 2 and am awaiting Spy Hunter.

I am going to suspend his account today and contact him imediately.
Old 01-21-02, 01:06 PM

NOT cool.

Maynerd
Old 01-21-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got an email from him Jan 18th requesting a trade for my copy of MGS2. Was offered both Twisted Metal Black and Batman Vengeance at one point or another for various games by him.
Old 01-21-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is amazing how someone can do this to the founder and two highly respected members of this forum.

It also puts an unnecessarily bad name on Canadian traders (a couple have been quite notorious). I hope contact can be made with this crook.
Old 01-21-02, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

He only had 9 posts and had only been registered since Dec 1.

Did you all ask for any verification before you aggreed to do business with him? An Ebay name? A Paypal verification? Anything?

It just seems waaaaaaaay to trusting to take the word of a new member, and do business across international lines without any sort of assurances.

(i'm not trying to play Dad, i'm just curious...)
Old 01-21-02, 02:36 PM

Ack! I almost had a deal with him! Thanks for the heads up, fellas. He offered me what I guess is your Batman Vengeance for Devil May Cry.
Old 01-21-02, 08:26 PM

I almost made a deal with him too! He was trying to trade me that batman vengance for MGS2 then he claimed he had all these N64 games to trade. Get this guy off the board and make sure he never is let back in! This is redicolous. One person should not ruin for all of us good and trusted traders!
My 2 cents
Old 01-21-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I almost did to, just about did it tonight, glad i saw this.
Old 01-21-02, 10:29 PM
Registered

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
He only had 9 posts and had only been registered since Dec 1.

Did you all ask for any verification before you aggreed to do business with him? An Ebay name? A Paypal verification? Anything?

It just seems waaaaaaaay to trusting to take the word of a new member, and do business across international lines without any sort of assurances.
Who would have thought someone would try to screw the owner of DVD Talk. Not me. Maybe it was naive, maybe it was over trusting, I just thought that no one would be stupid enough to pull something like this with me.

I guess the guy didn't think that we had processes in place to deal with this. Bad trading is Mail Fraud and theft which is prosecutable. Screwing me, one of our columnists and another senior member is just asking to be made an example of. And if he doesn't straighten this out we will, I intend to press charges and make him the poster child for what happens when you screw other DVD Talkers in a bad trade.
Old 01-21-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,221 Posts
Originally posted by gkleinman
I guess the guy didn't think that we had processes in place to deal with this. Bad trading is Mail Fraud and theft which is prosecutable. Screwing me, one of our columnists and another senior member is just asking to be made an example of. And if he doesn't straighten this out we will, I intend to press charges and make him the poster child for what happens when you screw other DVD Talkers in a bad trade.
Old 01-21-02, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by gkleinman

Who would have thought someone would try to screw the owner of DVD Talk. Not me. Maybe it was naive, maybe it was over trusting, I just thought that no one would be stupid enough to pull something like this with me.

Amen. (Just to make it clear, i wasn't trying to preach to the people that got screwed by this guy) I too think its ballsy he'd try to rip YOU off of all people on the forum; i wonder if he even knew who you were. Best of luck in smoking him out.

No telling who else he's victimized with trades like this. By the sounds of it he was emailing ALOT of people about trades.
Old 01-22-02, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey Geoff I have a copy of Spy Hunter I can get rid of, if you want it. Plus i have good references.

P.S this sux we need some canadian members to start cracking some heads.

Edit due to the fact it was pretty incoherent, maybe it was because I was talking to a beautiful girl at the time.
Old 01-22-02, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe someone will consider my suggestion of a good traders list for this forum now. My suggestion of one is here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=175569
Old 01-22-02, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On 01/09/2002, I posted http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=173130 asking for help. A week before that, I posted something like "Anybody here traded with PS2 Rocks successfully?". Gilriz and witchblade helped track him down. But he is not listed. He e-mail me after that and said that he is still waiting for the PS2 game that I sent and I should do the same because he sent those games also as promised. What a crook!
Old 01-22-02, 09:34 AM

What and idiot. It's the guys like this who are 1 in 1000 on this site that make people think twice about trading online. I hope he gets caught, and is punished accordingly for his actions.
Old 01-22-02, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's an e-mail from him today:

"Yes I tried to trade it but never received it! So I wrote the guy
and told him I will be sending back his game for that reason. I
thought when I received the game I would ship it to him right away, but it still hasn't shown up. As for Geoff's game that was indeed sent to him and hopefully he will be getting it this week. I did receive his game, he knows that. I expect this to be all cleared up soon, with the the other two trades for sure."

He offered Twisted Metal Black to more than 2 traders and he is still claiming that he never got it!
Old 01-22-02, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Good point.

Everybody, please check one or both of those things (Paypal or eBay) before making ANY trade.
Old 01-23-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Keeping it on top until it is resolved.
Old 01-23-02, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Geoff, much respect to you old friend, but he's Canadian, and he's not getting charged under an American federal mail fraud statute.

I will say though that ALL my bad experiences in trading and selling online have come from Canadians. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just stop dealing with those hosers

EDITED BECAUSE FIRST NAMES ARE NOT MY THING

Last edited by DVD Josh; 01-23-02 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-23-02, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by wfujosh
Glenn, much respect to you old friend, but he's Canadian, and he's not getting charged under an American federal mail fraud statute.

I will say though that ALL my bad experiences in trading and selling online have come from Canadians. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just stop dealing with those hosers
Glenn? .... you mean Geoff?
Old 01-24-02, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've traded over 50 times but have been very hesitant as of late after getting screwed for the first time by a Canadian Trader. I was too trustworthy in the past, but never again! I hope this mess gets resolved because its starting to happen too often.
Old 01-24-02, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hope this guy gets nailed.

Just want to reiterate that i hope nobody assumes that all Canadians are like this jerk.
Old 01-25-02, 12:56 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Still haven't received shipping confirmation or tracking number.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.