Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GTA3: what is 6 stars, how do i get it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-02, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTA3: what is 6 stars, how do i get it?

i used the "raise wanted level" cheat to try and get it up to 6 stars, but it would only go to 5. (2 choppers came after me when i was on the beach, so i took them out with rocket launcher ). what happens when you get to 6 stars, how do you get to 6?

also, any suggestions on how to beat the first mission for el burro (street race)?

ps: when is GTA4 coming out!?!??!?!!!!

Last edited by MACD23; 01-21-02 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-21-02, 11:10 AM

Re: GTA3: what is 6 stars, how do i get it?

Originally posted by MACD23
ps: when is GTA4 coming out!?!??!?!!!!
I don't think they have made any annocements on this yet.

Also to answer the six star question, get a five star wanted level, then use this code:

R2, R2, L1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT.

This will bring it up to six!
Old 01-21-02, 11:13 AM
Banned

thanks!
Old 01-21-02, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
If you want 6 stars and don't want to cheat... you'll be able to get 6 stars once you've made it to the third city.
Old 01-21-02, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

IIRC, you can't even get up to six stars with cheats before you hit the third city.

Oh, and while GTA4 isn't gonna be out soon, State of Emergency will be out on the fifth of February. Excuse me while I do the happy dance.
Old 01-21-02, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, you can't raise your wanted level up above whatever level has been unlocked. On the first island, you can only get up to four stars, on the second, five, and on the third, six. I've also noticed that it seems to be easier to raise your wanted levels on the second island. Killing a LEO in Portland wouldn't even raise my wanted level unless I got crazy with it, or killed him around other officers or civilians. On the second island, it's an automatic two star wanted level if I shoot a cop.

As far as winning the Turismo race -- have you finished Portland yet? This is really a race you're going to want to do early, otherwise you'll need the bulletproof cheeta to win. It's still doable before you go to the second island, but after that, if you don't have a bulletproof car, it's practically impossible to win. ..and the bulletproof cheeta is the only bulletproof car fast enough to win.

So, how did I do it? I went to the car dealership just behind the gas station. Use the crappy station wagon from the car lot, ram it through the window and steal the banshee inside. Use that car for the race -- but be careful, it's not durable at all. Drive slowly to the race, and then try your best to get ahead at the very beginning. After that, it should be fairly easy to stay in the lead with the Banshee provided you don't hit anything. Make sure to get off the gas if you're going to turn.