Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Turok Evolution Large Screens Inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-02, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turok Evolution Large Screens Inside

Finally we get to see what this game looks like... and looks like there will be some dino hunting!
Dino Hunter
Old 01-14-02, 11:08 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might have to pick this up when it comes out on the Xbox. The screens look pretty good.
Old 01-14-02, 11:33 AM

has it been announced for anything other than nintendo?
Old 01-14-02, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
I don't think Turok has been on anything but Nintendo systems...I don't know why it would come out on the X-box...
Old 01-14-02, 11:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
According to this article the game is planned for all three platforms.
Old 01-14-02, 11:44 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Yep, It's always been Multi-platform. Cube.ign knew that back in June of 2001. Also, Game Insider Magazine recently said they got to see the game running on a XBox.

Honestly, I can't get too excited though. I was never thrilled about Turok 1, 2, or 3.
Old 01-14-02, 11:47 AM

I remember now. Nintendo saved Acclaim's butt by supporting them with their franchises on the N64. Acclaim made millions, got out of an impending banckruptcy and then after poor sales of the delayed and sub-par Turok 3 franchise and other lackluster games for the aging console, they turned around and stabbed Nintendo in the back by releasing a press release that pretty much said they had losses soley because of Nintendo's console.

The game may look good, but unless Acclaim releases a Turok game that goes back to its roots and isn't plagued by major flaws or bugs, then I probably will pass on any future releases.
Old 01-14-02, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
I stand corrected Hopefully it will be a good game. I haven't liked the series since Turok 2
Old 07-22-02, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I knew nothing of this game until I saw it reviewed in the new Maxim; they gave it 5 stars. I've read a bunch on it on IGN and Gamespot. After all the screenshots and that video interview with one of the creators, this game is starting to look pretty badass. Anyone else getting excited about this one?
Old 07-22-02, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I haven't liked the gameplay of any Turok games yet (or any Acclaim game? I can't think of a good Acclaim game). This one looks nice, but I'm still very hesitant.
Old 07-22-02, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I never much cared for the turok games basiclly your hunting dinos at the heart of it.. pretty silly if you ask me.
Old 07-22-02, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by mmconhea
I remember now. Nintendo saved Acclaim's butt by supporting them with their franchises on the N64. Acclaim made millions, got out of an impending banckruptcy and then after poor sales of the delayed and sub-par Turok 3 franchise and other lackluster games for the aging console, they turned around and stabbed Nintendo in the back by releasing a press release that pretty much said they had losses soley because of Nintendo's console.

The game may look good, but unless Acclaim releases a Turok game that goes back to its roots and isn't plagued by major flaws or bugs, then I probably will pass on any future releases.
Well - when Nintendo is controlling the cartridge manufacturing of their games and CHARGING the developers and publishers to manufacture these cartridges of their games, it really starts to eat into profits (not Nintendo's profits of course)... I'm sure they made very little money off Nintendo. Nintendo never saved Acclaim's butt from anything. Nintendo is the evil empire shrouded in a cloak of cartoony characters, sunshine and bubbles. This was Nintendo's plan all along - they went with the cartridge system even though they knew discs were going to be the next generation because they knew they could make money off it. I have a feeling that's why they went with small discs this time - going against a standard gives them some leverage in controlling manufacturing which they can then turn around and charge the game developers/publishers for. Dirty scum. No wonder nobody wants to make games for Nintendo.

As for Turok - I've never cared about that title either. I've played 2 of them and never got all the way through - giving up out of boredom. I ignored the display of it at E3 too. Indians and Dinosaurs? Bah. It's more of a First Person Platformer anyway than a First Person Shooter.

Thanks for the screens though.
Old 07-22-02, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Am I the only one who loved the original? I thought 2 was great. I wont be camping out for this though. Whats with Acclaim and the wacky promo stunts anyways? Getting in line 30 days early for a game?
Old 07-22-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Anyone remember the comic book Turok and the dinosaur hunter?

Shadow
Old 07-22-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by shadowhawk2020
Anyone remember the comic book Turok and the dinosaur hunter?

Shadow
Yes. Whatever happened to Valiant comic books? I loved Ninjak and Bloodshot. Magnus was cool too.
Old 07-22-02, 12:19 PM
Suspended Pending Valid Email

i actually owned turok 2 but could never beat it because the save points were so few and far between. i couldn't stand wandering around, and i absolutley refuse to buy guides for video games.
Old 07-23-02, 11:58 AM

I was a big fan of them all. Turok 2 was my fav, but they let me down by moving away from Dino's and towards aliens and such. Looks like this one will stay true to its roots.