Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Post or Describe your PS2 boot-up screen!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-02, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has quite a few cubes, recently it most distinctly has a set of 3 long colums in the upper left and the bottom right. And a real big clear cube in the middle. I don't have a screenshot yet but I will try to post one. here's what it looks like in ASCII.

AA----------------
A--------a-------a
--------------------
--------a----O----
--------------------
-----------------AA
----a------------ A

Thats the best I could do, there's more in there but I can't remember exactly how many. How many blocks, cubes, towers do you guys have because it will be different for everyone? I'm just curious to see what people have, post a screen if you can but if you can't then just say how many or make an ASCII drawing.
Old 01-12-02, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

pass me some of whatever you're smoking
Old 01-12-02, 07:25 PM

hehehehe

Sorry, I gave the rest to some people camping out at the theater waiting for Episode 2.

I probably should have clarified what I meant, look here if you have no idea what I'm talking about. I guess I was just bored but I was trying to see if anyone's startup screen was completely filled up or close to it. I wonder how many games you'd have to play to add that many cubes.

Edit: Fixed the broken link.

Last edited by Outlaw; 01-12-02 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-13-02, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Mines filling up as well. I honestly have no idea about those boxes. I don't have any columns yet. Mine has a lot of white boxes in the background with a few clear ones in front.
Old 01-13-02, 01:45 PM

Yeesh! I was beginning to think everyone thought I was on drugs because no one was responding lol.
Thats the last time I ask this forum a question!

Thanks darkside, I was just wondering if one of the new games that came out caused those grey columns to appear on my screen because I couldn't remember when they appeared. They're sorta cool because they rise out of the mist and are pretty tall.
Old 01-13-02, 07:40 PM

Mine has around 25-30 cubes on it and it doesn't stay up long enough for me to see if the ones in back are the translucent cubes or the solid white ones. The cubes are all over the place like someone just threw them out there.

Of course the six or seven lights in a pack followed by the one still go behind the translucent cubes (the lights you see when you power up the PS2 for the first time).

I think the white cubes are from PS2 games that are cd format, as I haven't played any PS1 games in my PS2. I noticed the cd format PS2 games have a dark blue underside compared to the normal color for DVDs.