Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Rumor: Ninja Gaiden to debut on GCN!!

Chaos
01-08-02, 10:29 AM
Just heard this from GameCube Weekly (www.gamecubeweekly.com) and they heard it from another site, that Tecmo had a poll on their site where people voted where Ninja Gaiden should debut on. The poll seems to have been extremely pro-GCN, so thye decided to bring it to GCN. It's supposed to be an Action-RPG like Zelda. I never played the original, is it any good?

Liver&Onions
01-08-02, 10:38 AM
Hell yes... but I am not sure about an action-RPG... it was a hella fun side scroller for the NES... and part II and part III... they were tough games....

But anyway, this would be sweet if it's true... I will be picking this bad-boy up

mtucker
01-08-02, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Chaos
Just heard this from GameCube Weekly (www.gamecubeweekly.com) and they heard it from another site, that Tecmo had a poll on their site where people voted where Ninja Gaiden should debut on. The poll seems to have been extremely pro-GCN, so thye decided to bring it to GCN. It's supposed to be an Action-RPG like Zelda. I never played the original, is it any good?

The original (I believe there were three Ninja Gaiden games for the NES) was pretty good. It was a side-scrolling platform game for the most part, unlike the arcade version which was more Final Fight-like. It was fun but tough. I think one of the most notable features of the game when it came out was the 'cinematic cut-scenes' which were pretty cool looking on the NES console. It will be interesting to see how they adapt it to a next-gen console.

Aghama
01-08-02, 11:13 AM
I thought it was already locked in for the PS2? This rumor is many times removed, and if Tecmo is running their business based on internet polls they've got some issues.

mmconhea
01-08-02, 11:16 AM
Unless the ninja in this game is Kasume, I'm not really interested.

AndyCapps
01-08-02, 11:22 AM
The side scrollers were great, but I don't know about Ninja Gaiden in a 3D world.

huh?
01-08-02, 12:28 PM
if this is true, i am super excited!!!

Mattalos
01-08-02, 02:18 PM
Um, that info is a bit incorrect.

The quote from Magic Box --

Tecmo mentioned that the latest installment of* Ninja Gaiden will be coming to all major platforms, including GameCube, XBox and PlayStation 2. Ninja Gaiden will be a new action RPG similar to Legend of Zelda. The GameCube version will be released ahead of the other versions because of the easy development environment.

So, it's not some huge thing.

IIG
01-08-02, 02:53 PM
Man, I really wanted this thing to be GC exclusive, seeing as the other Gaiden games were Nintendo exclusives. Whatever the case, I hope Tecmo takes thier time and makes this a truly great 3D game in the vein of Zelda. Once one game in the series sucks, the whole series is branded "okay" (like Mega Man), so there is no room for chance. It's a first day pick-up for sure...

jeffdsmith
01-08-02, 03:35 PM
You guys are getting confused. The game WILL be playable on all systems.

It's simply going to be available on the Gamecube for a period of time before the other two. It is true that there was a poll about which system people wanted it on, however thats not the reason for its early release.

In a interview, the creator said it was because of the GC's ease of programming.

Outlaw
01-08-02, 05:39 PM
Hooray!! Ninja Gaiden lives!!! I never did beat the 3rd one, it was near impossible for me. I couldn't get past that one stage thats over a river and you have to hang on these moving lifts. I think the thing that hurt me the most on that level was that you had to move from RIGHT to LEFT, and I'm right handed. I'm so used to just moving right in side scrollers as it the case almost always, it really threw me off.

Not sure how an Action RPG would work on the series but since they're trying to revive the series they probably have some good ideas. Maybe they'll make it like Tenchu, but then you'd have to avoid the action and confrontations where Ninja Gaiden was always run head first into danger and slash, slash, slash, jump, spread shot magic! Oh yeah, the Ninja clones of yourself on NG2 ruled!

Mattalos
01-08-02, 05:40 PM
I feel like no one reads my posts anymore :D

jeffdsmith
01-08-02, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Mattalos
I feel like no one reads my posts anymore :D

If that was directed towards me I got what you were saying. :)

Truth is I had hit "reply" about an hour and half before I posted it because I had to run to class, so I had not had a chance to read the new replys. I was lazy, sorry.

Mattalos
01-08-02, 06:55 PM
lol - don't worry, it was just my attempt at a joke. ;)

Chaos
01-09-02, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Mattalos
Um, that info is a bit incorrect.

The quote from Magic Box --

So, it's not some huge thing.

I just said it was debuting on GCN. Hey, at least we're not getting a port like THPS 3