Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : TRIUMPH OF THE WILL (SE) released!

blessthemess
01-07-02, 06:08 PM
yep... here it is..... thought sumone would like to know.... on Synapse Films. was looking thru their catalog... :eek: ... Trashy B-Grade Stuff, for those who have a fetish for it....

http://www.synapse-films.com/shopping_cart/triumph.htm

- Brand New Windowboxed Digital Transfer from a 35mm Fine Grain
- Original German Language with Newly Translated Removable English Subtitles
- The Leni Riefenstahl short film, DAY OF FREEDOM *
- Optimal Quality RSDL Dual Layer Edition - Audio Commentary from Dr. Anthony Santoro (Newport News University)

Also, this might interest.....

BERLIN (AP) -- Leni Riefenstahl, who produced masterful propaganda films for the Nazis, plans her first movie release in nearly 50 years to coincide with her 100th birthday this summer. *Due August 22*

C:/Windows/Desktop/2.jpg
Started diving at 71

"Impressions Under Water," a 45-minute film about the underwater world of the Indian Ocean, is the result of dives between 1974 and 2000, Riefenstahl told Germany's Die Welt newspaper in a rare interview published Monday.......

&

C:/Windows/Desktop/nuba.jpg
Leni, Nuba

"Die Welt said her next big project is a film autiobiography, scheduled for release in 2003, in which the fimmaker will be played by US actress Jodie Foster.

The film is said to be already in production.

C:/WIndows/Desktop/leni.jpg
"I prefer beautiful things and people, I do not enjoy photographing ill people, not because I don't like them as individuals, but I think that beautiful people can give joy to everybody. this is what I want to do, give pleasure to people.
when I say I only photograph beautiful people, everybody gets upsetabout this, but michelangelo and raffaello did this, they portrayed beautiful figures from their historical period in order to define 'beauty'.

When I watch 'olympia' or look at the photos, what have I done is this: I didnít change them, they are who they are, but I saw them from a different angle, I took my pictures from a very high or very low point of view.

When I saw an athlete with a 'nervous background', I changed my position in order to eliminate everything redundant, not important. I focussed only on the subject, I enclosed it, that way everything else was blurry, and disappeared...this gave it emphasis. And I did this with people, animals, plants , this is my style..."
C:/Windows/Desktop/sign.gif C:/Windows/Desktop/leni2.jpg

C:/Windows/Desktop/Faces/type.gif

Numanoid
01-08-02, 11:22 PM
This has been out for a long time, I got my copy at least six months ago (apparently being a fetishist who enjoys trashy B-Grade stuff :rolleyes: )

blessthemess
01-09-02, 09:27 AM
Sorry about that then.... cos i have been seeing the non-SE version selling at Amazon.... ;)

wanna comment on ur purchase of the SE????

Hendrik
01-09-02, 11:13 AM
...of course it must be said that Synapse-films offer a lot of stuff ( http://www.synapse-films.com/catalog.htm ) that is ever so much more interesting than Ms. Riefenstahl's magnum opus (which is reviewed here: http://www.dvdangle.com/reviews/review.php?Id=1780 ...

. . . :o . . .

Numanoid
01-09-02, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by blessthemess
wanna comment on ur purchase of the SE????

Okay, after perusing Synapse's catalog, I see where you get the "Trashy B-Grade Stuff, for those who have a fetish for it...." comment. Triumph certainly stands out (as in "out of place") amongst their selections. I purchased it because I had heard about it forever. I've taken many college-level film appreciation courses, and this film is generally considered to be amongst the greatest ever made (disregarding the politics), so I felt it was time to check it out.

Variable697
01-10-02, 01:09 AM
I don't understand why this propaganda film is considered so important. I think I Am Cuba is a much better propaganda film. Triumph of Will is just boring.

namlook
01-10-02, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Variable697
I don't understand why this propaganda film is considered so important. I think I Am Cuba is a much better propaganda film. Triumph of Will is just boring.

Propoganda films are not neccesarily meant to entertain.

Variable697
01-10-02, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by namlook

Propoganda films are not neccesarily meant to entertain.

Propaganda is supposed to appeal to the masses and stir them into action or at least enthusiastic support, so they should have some element of entertainment.

Numanoid
01-10-02, 04:15 PM
Well, if you were a German National circa 1934, you might have been a little more interested in this film. :)