Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Got my Cube..now tell me what I have to look forward to!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-02, 09:26 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a videogame junkie I am prone to making rash decisions about new systems. What is amazing is that I bought niether the Gamecube or the Xbox during launch week. One on account of the fact that funds were low and the other being the bundle fiasco that is plaguing the industry.( Anyone interested in boycotting those EB bastards?) Anyway i have always preached that most systems are worth having for one game alone. This has always been the case even when purchasing systems from abroad. ( Oh the memories of Final Fight, Super Mario World and the wonderful curves of my very first Super Famicom). It seems howefer that in my old age I have become somewhat grumpy. Last night I gave into my diesires to have Rogue leader with me at all times. I took my Walmart gift certificate (Walmart should also be boycotted in the event that someone doesn;t give you a gift card from the evil bastards) picked up Rogue Leader and then set out to find a gamecube. Called EB..they said they had a bundle with 2 games for $329...I told them to eat me....(Price gouging bastards!) and then made way to Circuit City and found 4 of them. No bundles...2 purple (no thanks) and 2 black (Yummy!). I grabbed one went to the counter he rung me up ask me for my name and address...I obliged with the name of a character from Stephen Kings latest novels and then told him to shove the extended service warranty up his ignirant ass. God retail is EVIL! Anyway I've had the Cube for about 12 hours now and love it. What puzzles me is that the release list absolutley looks embarrassing until the end of next year! Can anyone make me feel better about this? Any titles that are worth their weight are also PS2 releases and we all know that the PS2 controller kicks the Cubes for most games. Anyway I guess I should just treat rogue squadron as a $250 game like I used to with othergreat games of the past. But it would be nice to look forward to something. Who else has a view on the upcoming releases.
Old 01-06-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You need to buy Super Smash Bros: Melee as soon as possible, and then get Super Monkey Ball...

Both are great games

By mid-year, look at getting Star Fox
Old 01-06-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never really looked at the release schedule for Cube games. I know that Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Perfect Dark, and tons of other great Cube exclusives are on the way. When they get here really isn't all that important. I already have 8 games that keep me plenty busy and I'm sure they'll be other good titles along the way.

BTW, the Cube's controller kicks the hell out of every other controller ever made when it's used properly.
Old 01-06-02, 12:45 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Kellehair
BTW, the Cube's controller kicks the hell out of every other controller ever made when it's used properly.
I agree with this, big time. One need not look further than Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 to see that the GC's controller is the best for gaming, period...
Old 01-06-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Got my Cube..now tell me what I have to look forward to!

[ I've had the Cube for about 12 hours now and love it. What puzzles me is that the release list absolutley looks embarrassing until the end of next year! Can anyone make me feel better about this?]

Sorry, but I can't help you with that but the fact is that you should've bought the xbox system.

I don't have anything against GC or PS2 because I believe both of them are good systems but right now the xbox system is having some good titles that can blow your head to pieces title like HALO.

If I was you I'll return the cube and get xbox.

Later around the year you should get the game cube when the good games come out. Think about it
Old 01-06-02, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"right now the xbox system is having some good titles that can blow your head to pieces title like HALO. "

Old 01-06-02, 02:02 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ignore the X-box fanboy since you didn't ask for any opinions on the X-box.

As for the Cube, here are what I consider to be must haves, and the order I would buy them if you can't get them all.

1. Rogue Leader (which you already have).
2. Super Smash Bros: Melee
3. Madden 2002
4. Super Monkey Ball
5. Wave Race: Blue Storm
6. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Coming out in the spring are Kobe Bryant's NBA Courtside, NBA 2K2, and NBA Street for b-ball fans, Eternal Darkness, and Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet. Later in the year expect Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Metroid Prime, Perfect Dark Zero, and Resident Evil. Don't expect all these, as at least one of them (probably PD Zero) will likely get delayed until next year.
Old 01-06-02, 03:00 PM
Mod Emeritus

In addition to Josh's list, you might want to look into SSX Tricky.
Old 01-07-02, 08:42 AM
Cool New Member

The X-box has an OVERHEATING PROBLEM! For those of you that bought them it is only a matter of time before your calling MS customer service! MArk my words...you leve that thing on for more than 4 hours and your gonna be seeing a frozen screen and melted components.

Later
Dudes
Old 01-07-02, 01:01 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by dchad4123
The X-box has an OVERHEATING PROBLEM! For those of you that bought them it is only a matter of time before your calling MS customer service! MArk my words...you leve that thing on for more than 4 hours and your gonna be seeing a frozen screen and melted components.

Later
Dudes
Can we keep the fanboy trolling off the forum?
Old 01-07-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Try the Gamecube Launch Line-Up and Further Release Dates thread.
Threads like this one only leads to unnecessary this_system_is_better_than_that fights.

Closing thread.