Playstation 2 Unit new for sale

Old 01-02-02, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playstation 2 Unit new for sale

Hi,

I have a Playstation 2 Unit new available for sale MODEL 30001R

I have tried to sell this several times on eBay, but bidders on this system are absolutely horrendous. I have about 4 winners and 0 payers. Therefore, I'm willing to cut a little money off what i can get for it on eBay and give you an ok deal. I will sell the unit for $294.99 shipped via UPS, tracked, insured, packaged, etc.

That's basically like buying the unit for $280 + shipping. Also cheaper than any store because you'd have to pay the $299 retail plus 5, 6, 7% tax. So you'll be saving about $20. please let me know if you're interested in this thread, and i'll contact you via e-mail with details. Thanks!
Old 01-03-02, 10:47 AM
Banned

anyone?
Old 01-05-02, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dude, can't you go on Ebay and get them for like 250?
Old 01-05-02, 09:49 AM
Banned

thes things go for over $300 shipped on eBay almost everytime
Old 01-05-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Junior is absolutely right....never underestimate the stupidity of the eBay bidder.
Old 01-05-02, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Playstation 2 Unit new for sale

Originally posted by jr.junior
I have tried to sell this several times on eBay, but bidders on this system are absolutely horrendous. I have about 4 winners and 0 payers.
Maybe they realized that they will be paying more than they should.
Old 01-05-02, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
That doesn't even make any sense...why should a person expect to pay LESS than $299 for a NEW PS2?
Old 01-05-02, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

jr.junior: Obviously you are entitled to sell your console for any price you choose. However, I think you will have a better chance on ebay for a number of reasons:

1) The people who frequent DVDTalk (myself included) are not likely to pay full retail price for anything, especially not from someone we don't know;

2) if we did pay retail price for anything it would be from a retail store where we have the guarantee to return it if anything goes wrong. Personally, I would rather pay $20 more and get from bestbuy or walmart so I have the option to return it if it is broken or if I simply don't want it anymore;

3) People here trade for MSRP they don't, however, buy for MSRP, so try trading it instead (for DVDs for another console etc.)

Go back to ebay where the fools and knaves will gladly pay more than $300. Just add a footnote to your listing saying that bidders must have at least 10 positives with no negatives and you can't go wrong! Just last week I sold a copy of Super Smash Brother for the Gamecube for $60. The buyer was from outside America and bid only on auctions that offered international shipping (which limited his options to my auction). Offer international shipping to entice more buyers.
Old 01-05-02, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by wfujosh
why should a person expect to pay LESS than $299 for a NEW PS2?
Because if you buy from an auction, you do NOT get a guarantee and/or warranty (like diacritic said).

Should you expect that people will pay MORE than $299 for it? Eventhough you can go to almost any retail store and get it for $299?