Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pink and Shakira: They actually have talent!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-01, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Having got some extra money for Christmas, I decided to spend it on something I never would: popular music!

I was going to go for a collection of Britney's latest, along with Jessica Simpson, Pink, and Shakira. However, seeing as how I could not bare the anguish of buying Britney and I wanted some DVDs as well, I opted to only get Pink's latest and Shakira's album. The thinking was : "Im'buying albums by young women who I really couldn't care less about in terms of talent but really would like to "get busy with under the covers" even though it will never happen.
Anyway, I listened to both albums in the player while surfing the net and found that both girls have good singing skills and substantial talent beyond shaking their rumps. Pink's album really sounds like a girl having fun and Shakira seems to have true passion in her voice, and she sounds damn sexy in Spanish! Anyway, the point is, both girls proved more than meets the eye and I recommend their albums.
Old 12-30-01, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not really a fan of pop at all. but I do like 'Get the Party Started' by Pink, is that on the new CD?. but I don't think I would ever by the CD unless I got it like dirt cheap.
Old 12-30-01, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pink's get the party started is a great catchy pop song.

much better than Shakira--
Old 12-30-01, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

PINK doesn't look too bad when she fixes herself up!

Old 12-31-01, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pink looks better with the long blond hair. But she doesn't have enough to compete with the Britney marketing machine.
Old 12-31-01, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They both do have talent...

....and I'd do em both!
Old 01-02-02, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
I bought Pink's Missudazstood CD on thefor "Get this party started" and was quite surprised to find it is a pretty strong CD.

I think she'll be around long after the Britney machine finally breaks down.
Old 01-02-02, 03:47 PM
Banned

You jokin' me?
Old 01-02-02, 10:21 PM

I've been a big fan of Shakira since her first big release close to 7 years ago. If you really want to hear some passion and charisma in a voice I suggest any of her 3 previous Sony releases; I think all of her Spanish albums have been amazing so far. Even if you don't understand Spanish, the tunes are still pretty catchy As for this "laundry service" business, I'm still out on that. I think she needs to improve on her English because I really have difficulty trying to decipher her slurred words. Still, catchy beats
Old 01-03-02, 07:45 PM
Banned

i cant stand PINK, her music is ok, ,but her personality is beyond annoying, just like christina aguilera. they are both like "hey look at me.. no no over here, look at me now" i just cant stand them!! and yes, i would most def do em both at the same time, but we arent arguing how hot their jubblies are, im talkin personality, i would have to tape their mouths shut. i just got that shakira song: wherever whenever (or vice versa) i do love that song!! the video is phat as sh it to!
Old 01-03-02, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked Pink since the first album. Good R&B/hip hop/pop. She seemed to have gone more pop/rock on MizUnderstood. I don't understand the comparisons to Britney. She can sing and her songs have more substance.
Old 01-04-02, 12:29 AM
Banned

Shakira pics anyone?