Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet Overcharges Pre-Orders

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-01, 06:51 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

For the past 2-3 months I've been having some problems with DVD Planet. Every time I pre-order a DVD, I get overcharged. They charge me the normal price which is usually 5% more than the pre-order price. I'm constantly having to keep a sharp eye on my credit card statement and compare it to my original order invoices.

The only good thing I have to say, is that it's very easy to get through to their customer service and have them refund the overcharge. But over the past 2 months I've probably been charged an extra $30 by DVD Planet, which I'm lucky to have noticed.

Is this happening to anyone else?

If you're ordering from DVD Planet, keep a good record for your invoices and an eye on your credit card statement.
Old 12-27-01, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aw damn.. has anyone else experienced this? I was just about to pre-order a DVD from DVD Planet, but if it's this much hassle, then it's not worth it to me.
Old 12-27-01, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never had this problem with pre-orders at DVDPlanet. One thing I do to avoid any confusion is to place pre-orders in the their own separate order. I don't combine in-stock items with pre-orders because I have to pay a separate shipping charge anyway for the pre-order. There is no shipping benefit to ordering them all together.
Old 12-29-01, 08:24 AM

I Just checked the last two orders I placed with DVDPlanet and the same thing happened with both orders, ordered at the pre-order price and charged the regular price. Both of these orders where for single items so there is not problem of mixing pre orders with released items. Both items where shiped after the scheduled release date.

How long has this been going on? I will have to go back and check earlier orders. It seems that if they do not ship prior to the sunday before release date ( this is when the price changes )they do not honor the pre order price.

Mike
Old 01-01-02, 10:07 AM

Problems

I've been having trouble with them lately but it's mainly been from them NOT applying coupons earned in their promotional games. I noticed a mischarge today, looks like they didnt apply the free shipping coupon I used on the order. Oddly, they did apply another coupon correctly to another order. I dont know how the ordering/coupon system works now, but something is not right.

I used them in my LD days, but I havent been too impressed since they sold out to Image.

You have to pay attention when ordering from DVDplanet and always check your CC against your order history.