Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

review wanted: pearl jam live touring band

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-01, 05:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have this and their thoughts on it-thanks
smurr
Old 12-28-01, 06:06 PM

Crappy video quality due to the cheap equipment used, but still a terrific set. Hey, if you look closely - VERY closely - you can even see ME in one shot! Anyway, it's a fine disc:

http://www.dvdmg.com/pearljam2000.shtml
Old 01-04-02, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This dvd is terrific! I wouldn't exactly agree with the comment previously about crappy video quality. I've seen many pj bootleg vcds, and then you're talking crappy video quality. Considering it was shot entirely from people on the crew, I think it's outstanding, and when compared to no dvd at all, it's a no brainer.

The audio is superb imho, and the extras including the evolution, and oceans video make it a great disc for a pj fan.

I also recommend single video theory of you dont have it. It's the making of Yield of I remember correctly. A must have for a fan, not so much if you're simply a person who enjoys their more popular hits.
Old 01-04-02, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the audio is great because they used the same tracks from their cd bootleg release...the video is bad, but it really "fits" the pearl jam" style. if you like PJ you will love this disc...if not it wont make you a fan...

the extras are cool too!
Old 01-04-02, 10:19 PM

I wouldn't exactly agree with the comment previously about crappy video quality. I've seen many pj bootleg vcds, and then you're talking crappy video quality. Considering it was shot entirely from people on the crew, I think it's outstanding, and when compared to no dvd at all, it's a no brainer.
Yes, the DVD looks much better than nothing.

SUBJECTIVELY, the DVD offers a fine image - like I mentioned, it was shot on relatively cheap equipment.

OBJECTIVELY, it looks like crap. Comparing it to VCDs and air is silly. It should be viewed against other concert DVDs, and in that regard, it looks terrible. I still think it's a terrific package, but make no mistake: the image is very subpar for DVD...
Old 01-05-02, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Oatsdad

OBJECTIVELY, it looks like crap. Comparing it to VCDs and air is silly. It should be viewed against other concert DVDs, and in that regard, it looks terrible. I still think it's a terrific package, but make no mistake: the image is very subpar for DVD...
What he said! The only concert DVDs I've seen that have worse video quality are releases of stuff from the 70s/earlier. Having said that, I'm quite aware that PJ wanted it filmed this way.

The soundtrack, however, kicks a$$ . All in all, it's definitely worth picking up if you are a PJ fan, but non-fans will wonder about that sketchy video
Old 01-16-02, 12:00 PM
Cool New Member

Bad Sound

I don't know why but my Pearl Jam DVD sounds like cr@p. Sound level fluctuates from front and center at differant times. Has anyone else experienced this problem I want to return this DVD. I hope fiance has the receipt from christmas.
Old 04-13-02, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
My Synopsis Review (From A Luke Warm PJ Fan):

Video Quality: Extremely Bad
Audio Quality: Very Decent
Bottom Line: Reluctantly Holding On To Disc
Old 04-13-02, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's PJ! - C'mon... if you're a fan, you'll f'in love this disc. If not, well, then look elsewhere. It's as simple as that.

If you're judging purchasing a live Concert DVD based on video quality (when there's only one live DVD of this band available!!!!), that's just wrong.