Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Question about Halo (multi tv's?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-01, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Halo (multi tv's?)

I just got this gaem and it rocks.. what I am wondering is how do I go about getting each person to have there game on a seperate tv? Is this even possible?

Like in the slayer games.. I would like to be able to have the screen that each person uses to be larger, that is where I got the idea of having each player set up this way. That and it would make the gae play that much better because the people that are going up aginst you would not be able to look at the screen and see where you are hiding in wait.

So, is this possible with one xbox? Or would I need a diffrent xbox for each indavidual player?
Old 12-26-01, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is from Gamspot.com's review of Halo:

You can play with up to four people at one time using a split screen, or you can link up to four systems and TVs--using either link cables or a LAN connection--to play with up to 16 people at one time. It has to be said that playing the game over multiple Xboxes with more than six people is fantastic, especially rounds of capture the flag with the addition of either Warthog jeeps or Scorpion tanks. But the cost and setup required to play Halo in this way simply make it impractical for most game players.
Old 12-27-01, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
You need one XBox for each TV you want to connect.

You can connect 2 XBoxes together using a crossover ethernet cable.

You can connect 3-4 XBoxes together using an Ethernet hub (but not a switch, I believe).

Each individual XBox can have 1-4 players on it. So potentially, you could have 16 players in a multiplayer game (4 on each TV).

XBox system linking like this is only available for the multiplayer mode. It unfortunately does not work for cooperative campaign play.

You can also link XBoxes remotely over the Internet (instead of having them in the same room). You have to use special software and your computer. Either XBoxGW or GameSpy Tunnel