Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Late or non-delivery from Total Action Universe

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-01, 03:32 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order was supposedly shipped on 28 Nov according to their shipping email. Till now, I have received nothing. Sent them 3 emails but no response. I am getting a little concerned, as my Credit Card has been charged.

Has anybody else experienced delayed shipping from TAU, and no reply to your emails ?
Old 12-18-01, 07:26 AM

The last time I ordered from them (back in April), it took 6 weeks for my package to get to me. They never answered my emails, either. After five weeks of waiting, I started the process of disputing the charges with my CC. But, my dvds showed up the next week. The box that my movies were in literally looked like it had been to hell and back.

I like their prices on box sets and have contemplated ordering from them again, but don't want to deal with the hassle of wondering when or if my order will arrive.
Old 12-18-01, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far I have had no serious problems with TAU. I ordered three boxsets from them in early November and have received two of them to date. Both orders arrived in good shape and I was billed correctly for the items. The third one shipped early last week but has not arrived yet. Hopefully it will arrive within the next few days to complete my order.

The only problems I have experienced are they are slow in shipping orders and sometimes hard to contact. Several times I tried calling them but no one answered the phone. Eventually I was able to contact them. Can't complain about the prices but you do need to have patience in waiting for an order.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-25-01 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-18-01, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got sick of waiting (and getting the runaround....they told me they shipped a replacement copy for an order, even though I never contacted them about doing so) and have already begun the dispute process with my credit card provider.

I called them up (the CC people) and they told me that there have been numerous complaints about TAU in the past, and that they don't consider them a very reputable dealer.

They also advised me against ordering from them in the future. Although, after my experience with them, I wasn't planning on it anyway.

I'd have to advise against ever ordering anything from TAU. My bank (Citibank, btw) is backing me up on this one.
Old 12-20-01, 10:04 AM

My order shipped 11/29 and I'm still waiting.

I expected as much, coming from Canada. I have ordered from them before without any problems, so I'm not too worried yet.

-Jason
Old 12-23-01, 12:20 PM

Just received X-Files Season 4 on 12/22, shipped on 11/11. It was packaged really well and looks great.
Old 12-25-01, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received my last of three DVD box sets ordered yesterday. They claimed it was mailed on 12/12. If you are expecting faster service than I would avoid this company. But if you want good prices and don't mind waiting than order from them.
Old 12-26-01, 12:50 AM

This company never let me down and always make good! The thing that makes people worry is because of long delivery times to the east coast (they are on the west coast). Besides if you want it faster just select a faster shipping option!

These guys kick arse!