Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Great Experience With Deep Discount DVD

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-17-01, 08:27 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been awhile since I've ordered any DVDs online. My wife wanted the Peanuts 3-pack for Christmas, so I wanted to search out the best price. Of course, DDD had it. I ordered it on the 13th, and went ahead and upgraded to priority shipping because in the past I've had orders take over a week. I got it today(the 17th)! Now that's fast.

I just wanted to mention the speedy service I got from them. I had an order once that they had a problem fulfilling, and I got upset about it. Someone from DDD read my post about it here, and he went out of his way to make things right with me. In these dry DVD deal times, it's great to find a store that usually has the best prices and has great service.
Old 12-18-01, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I have had just the opposite and had a REALLY BAD expierence with DEEPDISCOUNTDVD JOINT.

I placed an order for 3 of the Disney Treasures at 23.75 and my Visa card on-line is now showing 4-23.75 visa tranactions for this order.

Bad part of it, I have only received 2 of them and they were released on 12/4.

I would suggest if you place an order with them in the future to never place a multiple item order with them but to place seperate orders since the shipping is free.

I guess you get what you pay for and sometimes you do not.
Old 12-23-01, 11:45 AM

Why trash DDD ?

I've learned about them in this forum and do not regret it so far . Their prices are best even though I have to pay for shipping unlike US residents , shipping rate are very good .

After a few speedy orders I placed many orders and now waiting for them to arive , it has been almost a month now but sometimes things are held up with customs and local post office .

( I would like to take this oppertunity and recommend "The Art of Buster Keaton" which they sell at 107.99$! one of the best deals I've ever found ).

I'm very satisfied with their service so far and hope I won't jinx it with this post .
Old 12-23-01, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by Gilo
( I would like to take this oppertunity and recommend "The Art of Buster Keaton" which they sell at 107.99$! one of the best deals I've ever found ).
Gilo, YOU JERK!!!

I thought I was caught up on all the DVDs I wanted, but I don't see how I can pass that up (almost half off list, Amazon has it for $180). Plus how many hours of sleep am I going to lose watching an 11 disc box?

I hate you, Gilo.

Old 12-24-01, 08:58 AM

Originally posted by Gilo
Why trash DDD ?

I've learned about them in this forum and do not regret it so far . Their prices are best even though I have to pay for shipping unlike US residents , shipping rate are very good .

After a few speedy orders I placed many orders and now waiting for them to arive , it has been almost a month now but sometimes things are held up with customs and local post office .

I'm very satisfied with their service so far and hope I won't jinx it with this post .
Ditto. DDD is the only vendor that I have not had a problem with, and I have done a considerable amount of business with them. They are, as the name states, a deep discount business, so I do not expect a mint on the pillow type service dept. So, I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality of service and pricing. If they do mess up on one of my orders, I am willing to work with them to have it corrected, even if that requires calling the customer service supervisor if he request me to, instead of continuing to complain about the problem.

Re: Buster Keaton, how good is the image quality of the DVDs?.
Old 12-25-01, 08:06 AM

Good point, net results.

DDD has great prices, and anyone ordering there should be willing to accept minor problems from time to time. They are trying very hard to resolve all issues. I don't have any problems calling a company if there's a problem. And DDD's reps are great. They are the ONLY company reacting to posts on this forum.

Overcharges from DDD must be an exception. I didn't have any until now.

The shipping time has improved recently. It's now 4-5 days to NJ - can't complain. Amazon is faster (even when using UPS) because they recently started sending stuff from somewhere in Delaware, but there are DVD's (mostly catalogue titles) I can wait for.

If I need something in a rush (or something that DDD has not in stock, i.e. Books, CD's etc.) I use Amazon, otherwise DDD.
Old 12-28-01, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(lol) ha...i feel just like Gilo.
i have the Buster Keaton set on its way (along with the Emma Peel mega set) so i hate to jinx it.
my previous two orders went fine. they weren't the fastest, even though they are only a few states over, but then again there was holiday traffic, etc.
i used to use Ken Crane(DVDPlanet) almost exclusively from my days collecting LD's, but DDD just kicks their pants on prices every time...not to mention free shipping.
if i there is one disappointment w/ DDD, its that they don't seem to stock a wide selection. i can't find any kino titles, nor any of the documentaries/special interst titles i'm looking for.

It took me a while to realize every time i use my credit card locally, i could have just phoned it in, got a better discount, and saved the 8.25% sales tax.

i'm a little worried about the 3 packages i have coming in now, just because if there is something wrong, i won't have much time to take care of it before i hit the road for work, where i'll be gone for quite a while.
but so far they haven't given me any reason to be concerned.