Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best place to get older PSX games??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-01, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Best place to get older PSX games??

I just purchased a PS2, and thought I would grab some older PSX games that I never got around to playing (Final Fantasy VIII, etc.)

Since I had to talk my wife into letting me get the system, I thought I would track down some puzzle games that we could play together. Specifically "Super Puzzle Fighter II" and "Bust-a-Move 2"

I worked at Toys R Us during the PSX heyday and remember seeing these games. Now, unbeknownst to me, these games are really hard to find. SPFII is going for $80+ on Ebay (?!?!?). I checked out some used game places and looked online, but I didn't have any luck.

So my question is, any good places to get some older games online? I will continue to hit the used game places, but the only sites I know to go for games are gamestop, ebworld, Amazon and the like.

Help?
Old 12-17-01, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Try www.half.com & pawn shops.
Old 12-20-01, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Half.com's cheapest "Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo" is over $200 dollars. I'll hit some pawn shops this weekend, but I'm still trying to find a decent online place.
Old 12-21-01, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some games you will not find, no matter how hard you look.
The easiest are those that are in the "Greatest Hits" collection. Those are rather abundant and $20.
Old 12-21-01, 09:46 AM

SPFIIT

DAMN!!!! IS super puzzle fighter 2 turbo really worth that much $$$ ? I bought it a couple years ago new for less than $20. Looks like I may have to sell or trade that piece away.

Not to take this off topic, but does anybody have a list or a link to the hard to find or rare PSX games that are worth some cash?

thanks

-common
Old 12-24-01, 08:30 AM

^
Old 12-25-01, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
I don't have a lnk but in re to Bust a Move II, I believe it is back in print. I bought it from ebay several years ago after it went out of print and it set me back about 80 bucks. It may be easier to get now.

BTW, instead of Bust a move 2, why not get the new one that is out for PS2?

SPY
Old 12-26-01, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo is one of those games that goes in and out of print randomly. It did this a few years ago, then it was back for a year, readily available for $24.95, then it disappeared again. I'll never part with mine, picked up the day it came out when I worked at EB...
Old 12-26-01, 11:58 PM

Bust a Move 4 is available at Electronics Boutique for 19.99. If you can't find it at the B&M store you can visit their web site EBWorld
Old 12-27-01, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
You can always try Ebay. FFVII isn't hard to find at all, same with all "greatest hits" games. You can also pop into any Electronics Boutique or any other place that specializes in video games and you'll get what your looking for.
Old 12-27-01, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I saw FFVII in Best Buy the other day, it's pretty easy to get ahold of.

I did see the new Bust-a-Move for the PS2 online, so I'll probably get that one. Haven't seen it in stores though...

Still looking for SPFIIT...Ebay auctions for "mint" copies are closing at $60-70+, so I guess I'm not the only one looking for the game. I'll keep at it.