Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Sting's "Bring On the Night"- when will we ever see it?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-01, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone heard anything about a possible DVD release? The VHS is out of print and I'm preserving my copy in case I have to burn my own DVD at some point.
Old 12-17-01, 11:14 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love a copy. Haven't heard anything. It's what that silly "All This Time" docu-concert COULD have been.
Old 12-17-01, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts
Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
I'd love a copy. Haven't heard anything. It's what that silly "All This Time" docu-concert COULD have been.
G. Noel, I really like your writing, but I just don't agree wioth you on this one. I really like the All This Time set. If it were just the concert, I would have enjoyed it, but the documentary is very interesting. As a Sting fan, I found it fascinating how he was able to get every one together to re-interpret his songs on short notice. Then, of course there is the twist. Like the far superior documentaries Gimmie Shelter and When We Were Kings, the story takes an unexpected turn and the filmmaker runs with it. The agony of 9/11 is palpable and must have been such a huge blow to Sting's grand plan for the concert. I really liked it.

That said, I would LOVE to have Bring On the Night on DVD. Does anyone know who owns the rights?
Old 12-17-01, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't think the documentary on "All This Time" was intended as a stand alone film like "Bring On the Night". I loved both and think both are excellent representations of both ends of his career. Bring On The Night definitely deserves a release with all the bells and whistles. While I'm at it, how about Sting "Unplugged" and "The Soul Cages Concert" while we're at it?