Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Fans of Gruppo Sportivo, Monochrome Set, Reivers, Rezillos/Revillos, Plastic Bertrand

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Fans of Gruppo Sportivo, Monochrome Set, Reivers, Rezillos/Revillos, Plastic Bertrand

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-01, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody know these bands? Great cult bands from Holland, the UK, Austin, TX and France.
Old 07-20-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone?
Old 07-20-02, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have all of Gruppo Sportivo on vinyl...fantastic band playing music that can't be catagorized...probably why I like them.
Old 07-23-02, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since I'm an old new wave whore, I'll raise my hand and say I have the "Alphaville" single by Monochrome Set on IRS Records. I still play it.

My wife is from Montreal where la nouvelle vague francais nevair dies, so Plastic Bertrand is still roi (king) there. We even have the video to his grande hit "Jacques Cousteau" where he's in a fish tank singing to zee poisson.

The Rezillos recently played at The Garage in Hollywood. The place was so packed, as Bill Fields would say, the audience didn't clap horizontally, but up and down.
Old 07-24-02, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by palebluedot
I have all of Gruppo Sportivo on vinyl...fantastic band playing music that can't be catagorized...probably why I like them.
One of my all-time faves. I've got all their vinyl and cds. A friend has a website with lots of Gruppo stuff.
Old 07-24-02, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by devilpants
Since I'm an old new wave whore, I'll raise my hand and say I have the "Alphaville" single by Monochrome Set on IRS Records. I still play it.

My wife is from Montreal where la nouvelle vague francais nevair dies, so Plastic Bertrand is still roi (king) there. We even have the video to his grande hit "Jacques Cousteau" where he's in a fish tank singing to zee poisson.

The Rezillos recently played at The Garage in Hollywood. The place was so packed, as Bill Fields would say, the audience didn't clap horizontally, but up and down.
I'm a completist and have all of the MS singles, vinyl and cd.

I'm also a big new wave whore.

I've also got all of the Plastic Bertrand stuff and would love to see that video someday. If you have more stuff and want to do a trade someday... I've got some good and HTF new wave stuff.

I saw the Rezillos play two shows in NJ on this tour and had a great time. Took lots of pix that I've yet to scan into the computer.
Old 07-25-02, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Buford: I've got to dig up the "Jacques Cousteau" video and look at it. I haven't seen it in awhile. I can dub a copy of it, I'll let you know after I look at it (I'm not sure it's the full song or just an excerpt).
Old 04-10-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

devilpants-did you ever find the "Jacques Cousteau" video?

Any new members that are fans of these bands?
Old 04-10-05, 10:51 PM

I first heard of Gruppo Sportivo around the time of the U.S. release of "Mistakes" on Sire Records. I only have that album (on cassette!) and the CD of Copy Copy / 19 Mistakes. Great band, I should buy more of their CDs.
Old 04-11-05, 07:41 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Gruppo Sportivo -
Old 04-11-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"Ca Plane Pour Moi" is easily one of the highlights of the new wave era. I haven't heard any other music from Plastic, though. Have a jam packed Rezillos disc and a few Reivers albums (even the one as Zeitgeist). I like "End of the Day" best. I made some bucks on Ebay selling Reivers CD's I'd find used until they rereleased them.

I love the new wave era and continually have fun hearing bands I wasn't aware of. Just listened to The Passage's 2nd album from '81 (didn't like it) and was grooving to Fad Gadget and Shreikback this morning.
Old 04-12-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How much do you know of Gruppo?

Plastic's stuff is all fun. I have several albums and a comp cd.

I should have sold my Reivers cds when they were worth something. I even found one for someone I casually knew. Gave it to him for the $5 I paid not knowing what is was worth.
Old 04-13-05, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually don't know much about Gruppo at all. There are those bands that fell through the cracks over the years. I'm just now hearing Suicide for the first time (beyond a couple of singles). Same for Magazine's debut recording. Although those are harsher bands. I'll be on the lookout for some Gruppo.
Old 02-18-14, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Fans of Gruppo Sportivo, Monochrome Set, Reivers, Rezillos/Revillos, Plastic Bert

Did you ever hear Gruppo Sportivo?

What about the others people?