Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any hockey fans that can help me name this tune?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 12-13-01, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping someone else out there can help me with this one. It's a fairly current (post-1998 I'd guess) rock song that is played along with the "Great Hits" video montage during breaks in play. I hear it about once per game.

I have to go with that because there's really not much else I can use to describe it, I can't make out any lyrics, and the song is your typical rock song. I'm sure it was a hit for someone like a Days of The New, or Crazy Town - it has a sound similar to Crazy Town's "Butterfly". It's driving me absolutely batty!

Anyone? I know I'm asking a lot here.....

Michelle
Old 12-14-01, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure the song you're looking for is "Crush 'Em" by Megadeth.
Old 12-14-01, 01:00 PM

Thanks, I checked it out, but it's not it. I really can't offer much more of a description than to say it does sound like the verses in "Butterfly" by Crazy Town, which is zero help, I realize.

Maybe I can check out the NHL site or something...

Michelle
Old 12-14-01, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought that song might have been it since it was written exclusiely for hockey and used to show the clips of the big checks.

How about "American Psycho" by Treble Charger?
Old 12-16-01, 04:01 PM

so does it sound like a rap/metal band (the music is rock but the lyrics are rap)?
Old 12-17-01, 10:33 AM

I know the Treble Charger song, it's not it.

When I first started hearing it, I thought it might be Metallica, so I checked it out. I seem to remember hearing it as far back as 1998. I would say it's more on the metal/hard rock side than the rap side.

Problem is, in the clip they play, there's little to no vocals. It goes from somewhat quiet to a lot of guitar chords very quickly, then back to the quiet type music. For all I know it could be the intro, bridge or ending to the song. I'm very close to bringing a hand tape recorder to the game and taping it, but there's not another home game until after Christmas.

Since the NHL has to license all the songs they use, I wonder if they would have a list anywhere?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Michelle