Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What to do with used Playstation and accesories?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-01, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well now that I'm got my PS2 I'm doing some consolidating. I've already sold off a good chunk of my unwanted PS1 games(on half.com) but I'm not sure what to do with the console itself(it's the classic design circa 1998), memory card(I consolidated all my ps1 saves onto 1 of my 2 memory cards) and extra dual shock controller. Any ideas? If I could get like $30-40 at a place like Funcoland I would do that just for ease. Anyone know what Funco gives for 1 PS, 1 memory card, and a dual shock? Thanks for any info or other suggestions!
Old 12-10-01, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You could make 30-40 easy on ebay.
Old 12-11-01, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Honestly, since it's the christmas season, I recommend sending it to someone you know that doesn't have a game system at all, or at least not a Playstation. I'm sending my old chipped PS1 (now that my PS2 is chipped) to my old fraternity. It's old enough no one will rip it off, but new enough they'll enjoy having it.
Old 12-11-01, 04:36 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i'd also favour selling/giving to someone who will appreciate it

i sold mine (with 2 dualshock controllers, memory card , chipped with 150 games ! (um yes all from asia but they all work!) ) very cheaply to this guy at work with three kids. I know the family is struggling a bit so i was happy to sell it to him on the very cheap. His kids are cool, not spoiled at all and they all love it ! they are running amuck with all the games so i'm happy it went to a good home
Old 12-11-01, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You don't have any younger brothers or cousins? I just gave mine to them for a minimal charge of like $16.99.....enough for a case of beer.
Old 12-11-01, 12:26 PM

buy a 5-6" LCD monitor for $100-$200, and hook it up in the back seat of your car for your friends, kids, yourself to play.
Old 12-11-01, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the suggestions all. I don't have any younger siblings and the only younger relatives I have live in CA so giving it to them wouldn't be too feasable. I think I'm gonna end up trying to sell it on ebay or trading it in somewhere.
Old 12-11-01, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How much are you selling it for (including shipping)? If it is a good deal, I may take it off your hands.

Or, check my post at http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=165296 and maybe we can work out a trade deal.

Thanks.
Old 12-11-01, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would also take it off your hands if the price was right. My kids crunched their PS and I am not buying them a new one. Used though...

Decide how much you expect and we can deal.

Cheers