Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Toshiba HDTV DTV Blurry or distorted?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 12-08-01, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I just bought a Toshiba 34H81 HDTV 16:9 Tube today and got home and hooked it up to my Sony Tivo with SVideo cable (not Monster if that makes a difference) The problem is that regular shows look sorta pixalized. I watched a football game tonight and the scores look really fuzzy or seem to have shadows. I noticed the players from a distance look like they have shadows on them like bad reception. When the players are up close they look great but still kinda pixalized. I checked other channels and they have sorta the same kinda pixalized look to them, not bad but not great either. I set my Tivo up for 16:9 aspect but that didn't seem to help. I just bought a Toshiba progressive scan DVD player as well and the picture here looks remarkable no pixalization once so ever. My question is (and this doesn't have to do with this set in particular) is that on a 16:9 set do all of you have the same problem? Even when I set it to 4:3 it still looks pixalized. I know that this set is HTDV and that it is filling all the extra spaces, but I can't believe this is acceptable and there must be some setting I am missing. I would hate to have spent this kind of $$ and not have the best video picture available. It might be awhile before all of Directv's signal is High Def. So what are other 16:9 High Def. TV users doing to compensate for the pixalization? Any help would be very helpful, not just for me but all of us DVDTalkers. TIA