Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Maintanence/Service agreements...

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 12-08-01, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although a minor sin, when I bought my Fisher DVD-s1000 player 2 years ago from sears, I purchased the maintanence agreement for $26.54. Almost two years later the drive quit reading DVD discs, CDs just fine. Took it to the service center gave my phone number they took my player gave me a card and said pick it up in a week. A week later I went in a was told that it was unrepairable and gave me a credit for the amount I paid for the player ($179.00), again no questions asked. I drove straight to sears and picked out a nice panasonic progessive scan player and just paid the difference. So I got a nice new DVD player for $50.00. My experience with Sears maintanence agreements has been very good, I use it with my home appliances (the wife said to so I did ) However Best Buy is the red-headed stepchild for service... I could tell the story but I would like to hear other's stories both good and bad about best buy, sears and the like.

Ozy
Old 12-08-01, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get a service agreement with anything with sears... even on my vacum cleaner. the service plans are damn good