DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing New Raw Movie For XBOX

http://www.thq.com/WWF_raw/assets/mo...trailer_HI.avi

absolutely amazing i might have to buy a xbox for this
Old 12-09-01, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It definitely looks like it could be good. Here's to hoping it doesn't falter in the gameplay department.
Old 12-09-01, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh my

It took an hour for that thing to download, but it was a great clip. Game looks great.

The only thing missing from that clip is the Dudleys doing a "3-D"

Well, I'll be playing my nephews X-Box after Christmas

Last edited by Deadpool; 12-09-01 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-09-01, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

took me like 3 min yeah, nice clip.
Old 12-09-01, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nope. Disappointed.

I had hoped that some of the graphical elements that were missing in other wrestling games would be in this one since the XBox has enough power to pull it off.

1: Non-moving/Plastic hair. From what I see on the video, if a character has long hair(and a lot of wrestlers do), it's pasted to the back of their necks and doesnt move. If they have short hair(Rikishi, Rock) it's plastic looking. DOA3 shows what hair should be on characters. It adds a lot to the experience.

2: Empty announce booth. It should either be removed or filled with JR and Lawler. As it is, it looks out of place seeing the table there with a couple of empty chairs.

3. Facial Expressions...non-existant.

4. Bouncing instead of breathing. I'm guessing that the bouncing the characters are doing is supposed to represent heavy breathing. UFC on the dreamcast did it better.

5: No ref. Where's the blind zebra? Who's supposed to force the break from the ropes. Who's counting to 3?

Details make the game.

D
Old 12-09-01, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"1: Non-moving/Plastic hair. From what I see on the video, if a character has long hair(and a lot of wrestlers do), it's pasted to the back of their necks and doesnt move. If they have short hair(Rikishi, Rock) it's plastic looking. DOA3 shows what hair should be on characters. It adds a lot to the experience."

They have said moving hair will be in the final version in numerous interviews, so it should make it in.

"2: Empty announce booth. It should either be removed or filled with JR and Lawler. As it is, it looks out of place seeing the table there with a couple of empty chairs."

This is a good thing! The announce table is just there for you to do moves on your opponent with. You really don't want horrible commentary of Smackdown 3 to be in this game too do you?!

"3. Facial Expressions...non-existant."

There are facial expressions. One example was Stone Cold wincing in pain in the walls of jericho in the movie.

"4. Bouncing instead of breathing. I'm guessing that the bouncing the characters are doing is supposed to represent heavy breathing. UFC on the dreamcast did it better."

What are you talking about?? There was no bouncing of characters except during the Hardyz intro and that is part of the intro. They always bounce up and down like that. Watch an episode of raw to see it in real life.

5: No ref. Where's the blind zebra? Who's supposed to force the break from the ropes. Who's counting to 3?

There is supposed to be a ref in the game. Maybe they just had him turned off for the trailer just to show the wrestlers?

It is still the best looking wrestling game ever made and the gameplay should be great too. Anchor is making it and they are basing it off the N64 wrestling games made by AKI and they gameplay will be the same as those.
Old 12-09-01, 01:18 PM

The announce table would still be a useful prop even if it had commentators. It'd be great to see them scatter when SCSA does a stunner on top of it.

To see the bouncing, check out around 1:15 in the movie. When a character is standing still, they do this wierd looking bouncing thing.

I hope the hair situation is taken care of, it's scheduled to get released in a couple of weeks.

D
Old 12-09-01, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Derrich
Details make the game.
I'm sorry but that's an invalid page fault. Gameplay makes the game.. but I guess with games like Final Fantasy ruling the market I guess I'll be living in the viedo game past my whole life (runs off to play some Super Metroid on SNES)
Old 12-09-01, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The good thing about this game is the developers said they were focusing all on the gameplay in this game and that is why they don't have many match types in it. So in next years version, there will be alot of stuff added. You have to give them time to do these things. It is their first wrestling game.
Old 12-09-01, 03:17 PM

For a game like Raw, the gameplay has been taken care of beforehand. This is about the 50th wrestling game THQ has published. You'd hope that they weren't re-inventing the wheel each time out.

But if they fall back on the old standby 'Its a new system' or 'We were rushed for time' etc etc, then they'll get no sympathy from me.

D
Old 12-09-01, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Derrich
For a game like Raw, the gameplay has been taken care of beforehand. This is about the 50th wrestling game THQ has published. You'd hope that they weren't re-inventing the wheel each time out.

But if they fall back on the old standby 'Its a new system' or 'We were rushed for time' etc etc, then they'll get no sympathy from me.

D
THQ publishes these games. They do not develop them. The developer that made the N64 games like WCW vs. NWO: World Tour through WWF No Mercy is not at all related to the developer who made Smackdown 3 or the one that's making Raw for the Xbox.
Old 12-09-01, 06:18 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

The developer is Anchor Inc. The last game they worked on was Ultimate Fighting Championship for the Dreamcast.

If the gameplay is as good as that, I will pick up WWF Raw in a second.
Old 12-09-01, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I wasn't pleased with the clip.

Sure it looks cool and all. But something about it didn't fit in well with me. I have been looking forward to this games for some time. Hell at E3 i stood infront of the big screen for about an hour just looking at the clip flip through. I loved it.

this looks like there is a lot of stuff just not there.

the moves are ok. the facial expressions are there in a sense,

but the characters look kinda ackward. Hopefully it looks better then what that clip showed, cause the first original teaser looked wasy better
Old 12-09-01, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WWF RAW is not for me. I would much rather have an updated version of Mike Tyson Punch Out.