Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Pics of HT

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-01, 09:52 PM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of HT

Some pics of my all crappy HT.

27" TV
Sampo DVD player
Onkyo 484 Receiver
PSB Center
PSB Alpha B's for fronts
Crappy Zenith Bookshelf Speakers for rears (temporarily)

Don't mind the cardboard box holding up one of the speakers (cheap speaker stand) nor the messy coffee table...I'm gettin ready to move...

Or the robe hanging up over the window (love bein a Bachelor)

Old 12-07-01, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nice touch with the card-board box for a speaker stand...very homeless of you. J/K

Hey, you got to start somewhere. Good choices on the reciever and speakers. No subwoofer yet? What's that thing in the corner?

I went the other route when I was younger...I had a $10,000 stereo system but I lived in a $200 a month rat hole and lived off of ramen noodles...it's all about priorities.
Old 12-07-01, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is that TV woodgrain???
Old 12-07-01, 11:58 PM
wiz

Originally posted by palebluedot
Nice touch with the card-board box for a speaker stand...very homeless of you. J/K

Hey, you got to start somewhere. Good choices on the reciever and speakers. No subwoofer yet? What's that thing in the corner?

I went the other route when I was younger...I had a $10,000 stereo system but I lived in a $200 a month rat hole and lived off of ramen noodles...it's all about priorities.
Yah, I forgot the 10" JBL sub the other PSB is sitting on in the corner. My bad. Yah, my rent is like $815 a month, but I'm moving here soon to a house with a couple of other guys, more room then and I can maybe invest in some speaker stands once I don't have to pay so much for rent.
Old 12-07-01, 11:59 PM
wiz

Originally posted by Goblincat
Is that TV woodgrain???
Yah, really dates it doesn't it? It's a Zenith I believe, still has an exceptional picture, but damn if it ain't old (I think it's 80's model).
Old 12-08-01, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by palebluedot
A man who knows what's important in life. I only wish the rat holes around here cost $200/month.

Wiz. I love the HT. Of course a beanbag chair with cleverly applied duct tape would complete it.
Old 12-09-01, 02:10 AM
wiz

Originally posted by JsphOfArimethia
A man who knows what's important in life. I only wish the rat holes around here cost $200/month.

Wiz. I love the HT. Of course a beanbag chair with cleverly applied duct tape would complete it.
Heh...nah, don't need that when I got the Pomposan chair to sit in. I just re-arranged my furniture today and put the speaker that was sitting on a box on a table instead so it doesn't look too bad. I'll try to snap a few more pics tomorrow.
Old 12-11-01, 09:18 PM

Speaker Stands

I love the system...

I will have to say: If cost is a consideration please use cinder blocks as your speaker stands rather than cardboard boxes and slap on some BluTak on top of the cinder block and the bottom of the speaker... They are cheap and make the most sturdy stands. And by all means make sure at least the L/R (and the center if possible) speakers are at the same height.

Other than those 2 small notes... I think everything looks good! I think my husband got the cinder block/blutak idea from Corey Greenburg from Stereophile... Our home system looks like hell, and definitely needs a makeover.