Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon order problem (and questions).

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-01, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,

I placed an order for six items at Amazon on 12/4 to take advantage of the last day of the free shipping offer. At the time I place the order, all items were listed as in stock.

Hower, as soon as I hit the send order button and was sent to the order summary page, the availability of two of the items had changed to "2 to 3 weeks". I checked again today, and they have changed to "3 to 5 weeks". However, the shipping date estimated for these two items is December 10th?

Does anyone know what this means? Did I order the last available copies of these two items (which is why the availability date changed), and I will still receive them on time? Or have the ones I ordered been backordered too and Amazon's software just hasn't updated the shipping date? Has anyone else ever been in this situation before, and what was the result?

Also, If I place another order, then combine the two and cancel the backordered items, will I lose the free shipping savings (since the promo is now over)?

Thanks for any info,

Roy
Old 12-07-01, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First - Amazon says if you change the free shipping order, you will lose the free shipping.

Second, I'm in the same situation. I had ALL my items at "ships in 24 hours", in the last 4 days, they've "bounced" between 3-4 days, 2-3 days, and 24 hours.

I had one of the items (Chocolat DVD) switch 3 times!

At one point or the other, every item has had a "within 24 hours" on it, but not all at the same time.

With this round robin, I'm wondering if it will ever ship!
Old 12-07-01, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And as for the shipping date, they change it once you hit the beginning of their original estimate.