Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy X demo

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-01, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Final Fantasy X demo

I just got this in the mail. Anyone else try it yet? The graphics are great, it is almost like playing the cinemas in the old game. The summoning is a lot different. I may just have to buy this game.
Old 12-13-01, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was able to check this out last night and I must say that I'm impressed so far. I especially liked the section of the demo that takes place at the beginning of the game (I think it does). It really was a great mix of cutscenes and introduction to the gameplay. I definately look forward to picking this up next week. I still have to go through FF VIII and FF IX though.
Old 12-13-01, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really wasn't too hyped about FFX, but now that I've played the demo I can't wait to give this a spin...
Old 12-13-01, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Final Fantasy X demo

Originally posted by mh4268
I just got this in the mail. Anyone else try it yet? The graphics are great, it is almost like playing the cinemas in the old game. The summoning is a lot different. I may just have to buy this game.
AHH! How did you get it in the mail? I need this demo !!! Was it from a magazine? I got a Jak and Daxter demo from the PS2 underground the other day but no FFX arghhhhhhh.
Old 12-13-01, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
My neighbor brought it over and I played it for a several minutes - it's all cut scenes - there's no gameplay, is there?
Old 12-13-01, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
My neighbor brought it over and I played it for a several minutes - it's all cut scenes - there's no gameplay, is there?
The demo I got the mail over the weekend -- Playstation Underground Hoilday 2001 -- had two different island demos for FFX -- They had some cut scenes with dialogue, but it also let you get into a few creature battles and try out the 'modified' battle engine, as well as walk along the world map.
Old 12-13-01, 11:00 PM

I am so excited for this game... its the main reason I got a ps2. I've got 2 copies preordered at my local Software Etc., one for me, and one for my brother for christmas.
Old 12-13-01, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Adboy151

The demo I got the mail over the weekend -- Playstation Underground Hoilday 2001 .
Crap I thought so! Why'd I have to get this stupid jak and daxter demo from PS Underground when I could have gotten the FFX one arrghhhgh.......

Ok actually the jak and dexter one isn't stupid its actually pretty decent but FFX was the reason I got my PS2 . Everything else has just been a bonus heheheh, anyway there's always tomorrow's mail....or I could spend $8 and get the jampack...but then again, the game's coming out pretty soon...