Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DC NFLK1. Fun for non-sports fan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-01, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC NFLK1. Fun for non-sports fan?

Would a npn sports fan have fun with this game? Do you have to know much about football? I have read many great reviews on the game, but I'm not a big sports fun. I can appreciate a good game though. Any non sports fans that like this one?
Old 12-04-01, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I am a sports fan, so it's rather hard to judge whether a non-sports fan would love the game, but I would think that if you enjoy challenging games, you would like it regardless. Although you'd probably find it a bit confusing at first, I don't think it would take you long to pick it up regardless of not knowing much about football. You'd just have to get a feel for the different offensive and defensive plays. Hell, you might even learn quite a bit about the game of football and maybe even come to appreciate it more.

You can pick up this game on Half.com for about $8 or so, so I would say it's worth a shot. If you decide you don't like it, you should be able to sell it again and get your money back.

Here's the thing, though. This game is a hell of a lot more fun with at least two players. Get a buddy or two or three together, and have a blast.
Old 12-04-01, 10:07 PM

When this game was free online it was the best video game ever.

It was a great multiplayer game, but not as good solo .

Last edited by Carl Spackler; 12-04-01 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-04-01, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I've played NFL2K and while I did enjoy it for a little while, my opponent (whose system it was) was a lot better than I and had a lot more "football knowledge." Needless to say, he killed me again and again. Losing all the time is not fun.

So what's the cure, NFL Blitz. It's a football game that for the non-sports fan is a lot more fun. Its not realistic as realistic as NFL2K but I think its a lot more fun.

My 2 cents.
Old 12-05-01, 08:47 AM

Originally posted by clemente

So what's the cure, NFL Blitz. It's a football game that for the non-sports fan is a lot more fun. Its not realistic as realistic as NFL2K but I think its a lot more fun.

My 2 cents.
Best Buy has NFL Blitz 2000(DC) for $9.99

Not a bad deal at all.