Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Was this a good deal? (X-Box)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-01, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was this a good deal? (X-Box)

I spent some more time with my friend's X-Box, and decided to go ahead and get one whenever Virgin got them in again. That just happened to be today (they got 8, they had 4 when I got there). I got:

X-Box
Dead or Alive 3
Halo
Munch's Oddysee
Whatever the S-Video cable pack is

all for $342.68

Not too shabby if I say so myself. Here's how it worked. I got the X-Box, Halo, DOA3, an extra controller, and memory card at Virgin for $347.98 by getting 30% off their regular bundle price of $469. I took the controller and memory card to K-Mart, and exchanged them for the video pack, Munch, and $5.30 in change. Pretty good take, no?

I played Halo for about 2 hours, and the DD 5.1 in game is REALLY cool! I'm still waiting to be "blown away" by the graphics, though (I'm just to the level where you save your captain).

Just thought I'd share .
Old 12-03-01, 11:10 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah hah... thanks for sharing [Subliminal message]bragger[/Subliminal message] You get a great deal [Subliminal message]Shouldve kept the extra controller[/Subliminal message]. Enjoy! [Subliminal message]Buyer's Remorse[/Subliminal message]

Seriously, looks like you scored a great deal!
Old 12-03-01, 11:10 PM

Great deal, dude. That's exactly the deal I'm waiting for (exactly)... just need my AMEX Blue card and for Virgin to actually get them in! Oy. Can't wait.
Old 12-03-01, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Ah hah... thanks for sharing [Subliminal message]bragger[/Subliminal message] You get a great deal [Subliminal message]Shouldve kept the extra controller[/Subliminal message]. Enjoy! [Subliminal message]Buyer's Remorse[/Subliminal message]

Seriously, looks like you scored a great deal!
For some reason I am thinking I should have kept the extra controller and am beginning to feel bad about my purchase .
Old 12-03-01, 11:43 PM

Yeah I was gonna say "I wouldn't have gotten Munch." I didn't know the memory card was included in that bundle? I hate that. you don't NEED a memory card for Xbox. SIGH!!
Old 12-03-01, 11:53 PM

I think you've got a great deal, I like the XBOX better than the PS2 and the Gamecube, and I own both of those now.
Old 12-04-01, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Astro44
I think you've got a great deal, I like the XBOX better than the PS2 and the Gamecube, and I own both of those now.
As far as games go, I'm still a PS2 man.

I've not yet opened Munch, I may keep it sealed and trade it for RAW after Christmas.