Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does DDD or DVD Empire price match?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-01, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that DDD price matches Amazon, but will they price match with, say, DVD Planet or Best Buy? Has anyone tried price matching with DDD or DVD Empire?
Old 12-03-01, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They should... I know they PM Buy.com as well as Amazon, so I wouldn't see why they'd exclude DVDE or DVDP.

Just remember the PM is the price plus that e-tailer's lowest shipping rate... DDD will usually come in a tick under that.
Old 12-03-01, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by adboy151
Just remember the PM is the price plus that e-tailer's lowest shipping rate
Oh yeah....I forgot about adding the shipping rate. But, what if the e-tailer's lowest shipping rate is free...you know, like what DDD does? Also, if I did do a price match, should I E-mail the items to DDD that I want to price match first?
Old 12-03-01, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Eddie Norton
Oh yeah....I forgot about adding the shipping rate. But, what if the e-tailer's lowest shipping rate is free...you know, like what DDD does? Also, if I did do a price match, should I E-mail the items to DDD that I want to price match first?
If it's a free shipping promotion (limited-time deal or special), chances are they won't recognize it and use that company's lowest rate in the PM.
---
Yeah you need to e-mail DDD with a link to the item from the competitor's site you want to PM (Also, I think it's best to have to send them a link of the item from their own site as well). DDD will contact you when/if they changed the price on their site.