Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

MP3 help

Old 12-02-01, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MP3 help

I am working on organizing my mp3's. I used to do all of this manually, but it is taking too long nowdays. Here is what I want to do
1. On all the songs that have a complete ID3v1 tag, but not v2, I want to copy it to v2. Can't do this to EVERY file, just the ones without complete ID3v2 tags. I could even delete the original when done
2. I would like the first letter in every word in the tag capitalized. If easier, this can be done later in the filename.
3. I would like to rename all the files to Artist - Songname.mp3, using the ID3v2 tag
4. see 2, then reverse name all the ID3v2 tags from the filename
5. Someway to know which filenames are over 64 characters long so that I can rename them
6. a program that will scan the equilizer for all songs without 2 seconds of silence at the end of a song, so I can add it, or if song is incomplete, I can re-rip the song.
7. either a program that will automatically classify songs into a particular genre, or a program that will let me do batch classifications, i.e. one that would let me highlight all my songs with artist "DJ" and call the songs folk.

other cool things to have.
8. a program that names songs to APEX player specifications i.e. ~ = 8 in apex
9. a program that will chop the artist off the filename and stick all files in folders named after their respective artists.

I realize that this is a lot of things. Some programs probably do many of the things I want, I may have to write the program myself for others. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Listmaker was very useful, BTW

Last edited by RoQuEr; 12-02-01 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-07-01, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MP3 help

Originally posted by RoQuEr
I am working on organizing my mp3's. I used to do all of this manually, but it is taking too long nowdays. Here is what I want to do
1. On all the songs that have a complete ID3v1 tag, but not v2, I want to copy it to v2. Can't do this to EVERY file, just the ones without complete ID3v2 tags. I could even delete the original when done
2. I would like the first letter in every word in the tag capitalized. If easier, this can be done later in the filename.
3. I would like to rename all the files to Artist - Songname.mp3, using the ID3v2 tag
I found this, but it only works with id3v1 http://hogware.webprovider.com/downloads/mp3sns.zip
4. see 2, then reverse name all the ID3v2 tags from the filename
5. Someway to know which filenames are over 64 characters long so that I can rename them
6. a program that will scan the equilizer for all songs without 2 seconds of silence at the end of a song, so I can add it, or if song is incomplete, I can re-rip the song.
7. either a program that will automatically classify songs into a particular genre, or a program that will let me do batch classifications, i.e. one that would let me highlight all my songs with artist "DJ" and call the songs folk.

other cool things to have.
8. a program that names songs to APEX player specifications i.e. ~ = 8 in apex
9. a program that will chop the artist off the filename and stick all files in folders named after their respective artists.

I realize that this is a lot of things. Some programs probably do many of the things I want, I may have to write the program myself for others. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Listmaker was very useful, BTW