Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Kid Rock is a clueless idiot

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Kid Rock is a clueless idiot

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-01, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kid Rock is a CLUELESS IDIOT.

Was listening to one of those lame rock stations at work today(not by choice) and I hear Kid Rock's latest single, dont know the name but it sounds like a carbon copy of that other stupid song American Bada**. In it Mr. Rock loudly exclaims, " I play PUUNK ROOCK!!!!" Someone please tell this misinformed talentless imbecile that the very fact that he is an MTV a**-puppet is the antithesis of everything that punk is supposed to be about. Nevermind that, the song itself, his MUSIC on a basic fundamental level DOES NOT SOUND LIKE PUNK AT ALL. I am sick of these stupid neanderthal metal artists and crop of emo kiddies who throw the word punk around when they haven't a slightest clue what the f*** this was supposed to be about in the first place. Stop using the word to further your s**t you bandwagon-jumping moron ******* s and pathetic trendy emos and get your facts straight.

Last edited by Aragorn Strider; 11-27-01 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-27-01, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That single has got to be some of the worst garbage that I've heard on the radio in quite some time. He keeps talking about punk rock, southern rock, hip-hop, country... But the song isn't any of those things. Plus it's such a retread of all his previous stuff; he's certainly not much of a songwriter. I liked him just when he was getting popular, but he's really a tired act now.
Old 11-27-01, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LOL... funny post. I am not bothered too much if this guy wants to call himself punk or whatever. That word doesn't mean much to me anymore. BUT, I am beyond belief this guy is popular. He is like my worst nightmare come to life and the fact that people dig him is bizarre. Diff strokes for diff folks I guess.
Old 11-27-01, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I, too, agree with the senselessness of this guy's popularity. People like him because they're programmed to like him, though. If some other dumba$$ were plastered all over tv, commercials, and the like, it would be the same thing with them. He's a product, and MTV sells him to people who depend on others for a sense of what is cool.
Old 11-27-01, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Penny Lane
I, too, agree with the senselessness of this guy's popularity. People like him because they're programmed to like him, though. If some other dumba$$ were plastered all over tv, commercials, and the like, it would be the same thing with them. He's a product, and MTV sells him to people who depend on others for a sense of what is cool.

Not actually true... I've been a Kid Rock fan before MTV got ahold of him. I like him... the music, the attitude, etc... I just like the guy.
Old 11-27-01, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
This guy is A REGULAR GUY and that's his appeal. He's not ultra cute like the "Boy bands" and he can crossover into other music genres.

Plus if he's so clueless then why is HE rich and famous with a hot POA like Pam Anderson and you're sitting here complaining about him on dvdtalk while he's out living the "good life"?

I would say like it or not....Kid Rock has quite a few clues......
Old 11-27-01, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Giantrobo
This guy is A REGULAR GUY and that's his appeal. He's not ultra cute like the "Boy bands" and he can crossover into other music genres.

Plus if he's so clueless then why is HE rich and famous with a hot POA like Pam Anderson and you're sitting here complaining about him on dvdtalk while he's out living the "good life"?

I would say like it or not....Kid Rock has quite a few clues......
He's not a regular guy... His appeal is supposed to be that he is white trash.

I agree though, he isn't clueless. If he was clueless, he would have been another "bitches and money" rapper.... he tries to get the leftover crowd that likes rap, but wants something besides listening to people talk about their record label and expensive jewelry and cars. It's like a gimmick.

I you were to say that he sucks, I would definitely grant you that. He is awful. All he does is talk about how white trash he is, but how he has finally made it.

The minute I started hating him was when that Only God Knows Why song came out. That is the most pretentious piece of garbage I've ever heard. What is especially funny is how it was on his breakthrough album, talking about how he has finally made it.... he should have at least waited until his second album to proclaim greatness
Old 11-27-01, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Giantrobo, so this "regular" guy is rich and famous and is with Pamela Anderson. To be honest, I wouldn't trade shoes with this guy and have his "good life".
Old 11-27-01, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by atlantamoi
Giantrobo, so this "regular" guy is rich and famous and is with Pamela Anderson. To be honest, I wouldn't trade shoes with this guy and have his "good life".

I didn't say you would. But come on....you have to give him some credit
Old 11-27-01, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

really....
Old 11-28-01, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hee hee... seriously. I don't envy this guy at all. Actually, I can't think of what credit to give him. There are so many musicians much more worthy of taking up the spotlight. Giantrobo, I've seen some of your other posts and you like some cool music. We'll just have to disagree here!!
Old 11-28-01, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He's a nitwit....He's like the class clown: Ignore him and he will go away---hopefully forever.
Old 11-28-01, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hee hee... seriously. I don't envy this guy at all. Actually, I can't think of what credit to give him. There are so many musicians much more worthy of taking up the spotlight. Giantrobo, I've seen some of your other posts and you like some cool music. We'll just have to disagree here!!
We shall agree to disagree my friend

Just know that I've never even purchased a KID ROCK CD and I saw him once when he opened for METALLICA.

So don't think I'm a big fan of the guy.
Old 11-28-01, 07:40 PM

Re: Kid Rock is a CLUELESS IDIOT.

Originally posted by Aragorn Strider
Was listening to one of those lame rock stations at work today(not by choice) and I hear Kid Rock's latest single, dont know the name but it sounds like a carbon copy of that other stupid song American Bada**. In it Mr. Rock loudly exclaims, " I play PUUNK ROOCK!!!!" Someone please tell this misinformed talentless imbecile that the very fact that he is an MTV a**-puppet is the antithesis of everything that punk is supposed to be about. Nevermind that, the song itself, his MUSIC on a basic fundamental level DOES NOT SOUND LIKE PUNK AT ALL. I am sick of these stupid neanderthal metal artists and crop of emo kiddies who throw the word punk around when they haven't a slightest clue what the f*** this was supposed to be about in the first place. Stop using the word to further your s**t you bandwagon-jumping moron ******* s and pathetic trendy emos and get your facts straight.
I'm just curious as to why you're taking it so personally...

I personally like him the same way you like a movie like Stripes or Animal House or American Pie. It's just junkfood music. My recommendation is just to let it go, and breathe deep a few times.
Old 11-29-01, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think for me-and perhaps a few other-others (DTSC, etc.) may also disaprove of kid rock mainly because he has no musical integrity. What I mean by that is since the start of his career Kid Rock has strived to sell millions of records, make millions of dollars, and be as famous as he can be with total disregard to the music he was making. In other words-he is a complete and total sell out. While there is nothing wrong with being hugely successful (Metallica) or even a pre-manufactured artist (NSYNC, Britney...), (hey if that's your job-you gotta feed them babies somehow right?) But for me that is just a complete turn-off musically. The fact that this man is in the music industry, yet is more concerned about how (un)cool his image is and is SO adamant about it-just makes him that much harder to stomach- considering his music is pretty bad and totally unoriginal. Don't get me wrong, most bands have some type of image- to an extent , but when that becomes more important than the music, it's really hard for me to like them, especially when they get huge. Meanwhile those artists who are staying true to their hearts with total disregard to the almighty dollar are struggling to make a living at all. But then again, this is Kid Rock, and you can't take that him seriously anyways, so whatever I guess.
Old 11-29-01, 05:59 PM

Just about anything MTV or commercial radio gets a hold off is rubbish IMO. Take Creed for instance, what an overrated no talent band that is.
Old 12-01-01, 11:04 AM

You're right about that.....Creed has to be one of the worst, over hyped bands out there. I could go on for days about how much they suck but I wouldn't be saying anything that hasn't already been said before.
Old 12-02-01, 03:48 PM

I'm with the Creed haters here. At least Kid Rock realizes that he's a joke. I'd take 10 Kid Rocks over that pretentious, no-talent, wanna-be Pearl Jam cover band any day.