Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Would a mod please make this a sticky thread?

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 11-26-01, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the Canadian Otter Meet thread. I know there are already alot of "Meet threads" up there, but do you think you could add one more? So far we've got at least 7 going. Thanks.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=160942
Old 11-26-01, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done.

Thinking about doing a sub forum for these...
Old 11-26-01, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks Geoff. I really appreciate it.
Old 11-27-01, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by gkleinman
Done.

Thinking about doing a sub forum for these...
i dont think its needed, for example you can unsticky the Atlanta thread and restick it maybe a week or two before the meet so people remember. but it doesnt need to be up there for a month
Old 11-27-01, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i noticed one of the other meets isn't till the end of january! i think its okay to stick it for a week maybe when the idea starts to get peopel talkign about it, then maybe unstick it untill the week or two before the meet. people can always bump it with replies so its not like it'll disappear
Old 11-27-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Venusian
i noticed one of the other meets isn't till the end of january! i think its okay to stick it for a week maybe when the idea starts to get peopel talkign about it, then maybe unstick it untill the week or two before the meet. people can always bump it with replies so its not like it'll disappear
That seems like a lot of unnecessary work when you could just stick them in a sub forum and be done with 'em.
Old 11-27-01, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,150 Likes on 1,213 Posts
Originally posted by Aghama

That seems like a lot of unnecessary work when you could just stick them in a sub forum and be done with 'em.
I agree.
Old 11-27-01, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well sticking em and and unsticking em would have to be done twice, i would think a sub forum would load the server more and geoff said he didnt wanna go crazy with those things
Old 11-27-01, 11:48 PM
Retired

I think having a sub forum for these meet threads is a great idea -- as long as it doesn't tax the server and slow down the site.

Otherwise it would be a great improvement over having stickied meet threads cluttering the top of other. IMO threads should only be stickied when they are of some importance or interest to the majority of the readers of the forum, or at least a very large percentage. These threads do not fit into this category. Firstly, as a whole, they only appeal to those interested in meeting people they've met online. Secondly, taken individually, they only interest people interested in meeting people they've met online that live in a certain region.
Old 11-27-01, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Agreed. Another forum for the meet threads is a great idea. It's irritating when the top 5-6 threads in the Other are the same dang_thing over and over again. Of course, they could also just not be stickied.