Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Music Surround Sound

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-01, 05:06 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Music Surround Sound

I have an aiwa stereo CD player. I was wondering if there's any way to put small speakers around the room and connect it to the CD player to make it surround sound.

Anybody understand what I'm asking? What should I do?
Old 11-25-01, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Yes, I understand. Most music on CD is 2 channel stereo, so it all depends on your receiver/surround sound decoder.

Most surround-receivers have fake surround modes for music listening. There is also something new, called Dolby Pro-Logic II which is specifically used for a creating surround sound from a 2-channel source.
Old 11-25-01, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Music Surround Sound

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
I have an aiwa stereo CD player. I was wondering if there's any way to put small speakers around the room and connect it to the CD player to make it surround sound.

Anybody understand what I'm asking? What should I do?
Does your system have power for rear speakers, or does it simply have only stereo (2) speaker output?

If it is surround which I am guessing it is not, just hook surround speakers up to the rear speaker output and either activate pro-logic or some other DSP on your unit.

If it is stereo, you could get a speaker selector switch, which you would hook up to the speaker out on your system then from that switch hook up your main speakers and then your second pair of speakers. This method will still only give you stereo, but you will have a second pair of speakers playing that you can place where you desire.

J