Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Going to Weezer tonight (11/24)......

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-01, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

anyone know if Jimmy Eat World is in the opening slot or the 2nd slot after Tenacious D??? I would think that JEW gets the slot before Weezer since they are hometown boys from Phoenix.
Old 11-25-01, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
I was there too dude. Too bad my seats kind of sucked. That's the last time I ever wait till 10 min. before the show to buy tickets. Second level, front row. It was still cool to see my favorite band live for the first time.

I'm not a big Jimmy Eat World fan, but they were pretty cool. Tenacious D was hilarious. Weezer was great...but where was El Scorcho and Good Life though?
Old 11-25-01, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you like the show?

I drove up to Tulsa to see them back in May at a festival type concert, and I thought they were great.

When I saw them they played some songs from the new album and the blue one, but they also played You Gave Your Love To Me Softly and The Good Life as well as another song from Pinkerton (Not El Scorcho)

Just wondering what you thought of the show. Did they play long? When they came here since it was a festival they only played about 1 hour
Old 11-25-01, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Well, the show was good. I was sort of disappointed that Jimmy Eat World played first. I only got to see 2 songs since I got there late. I'm not a huge fan of them, but it's always great to see local guys make it big. Tenacious D was funny. I had not heard anything about them or from them, so it was sort of an interesting treat.

Weezer was great. They played most of thier popular stuff, with most of the songs coming off the new disc. It was the first time seeing them, and they played as I had heard. They don't really play to the crowd. They just get up there, play their songs, and do the show. Hardly any crowd interaction. Not that that's a bad thing, but it would've been better had they "seemed" more into it. I think they played for about an hour and a half.
Old 11-26-01, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yo! saw weezer twice this last year... love them! thats weird tenacious d opened! when i saw em in DC a couple months ago cold was supposed to open but they bailed.. was disapointed. the start opened, kinda sucked. when i saw em last spring ozma opened, they were cool, then getup kids played.. they were awesome!