Reload this Page >

Another question about Rogue Leader....

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-22-01, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I beat the Hoth level, which was hard to get a gold medal on. But, I beat it finally and I am on the next level, I forget what it is called, but you are Wedge and there is a shield in an asteroid field. I can not figure out what I am supposed to be doing to get past this. I blow up all of the big long things that are in front of the shield, and I try to shoot the guns that are floating around, but I am not sure exactly what I am supposed to be doing at this point. So, I end just trying to shoot everything in that raggedy ass Y-Wing and eventually dying.

Does anyone know any PASSCODES for Rogue Leader yet. Every hint and tip I have seen are things you unlock by getting medals overtime.
Old 11-22-01, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
There are no passcodes besides the one to turn the screen monochrome. LIONHEAD I think.

I can't even get past Hoth so you are doing much better than me.
Old 11-22-01, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You need to destroy three of the shield projectors to disable the shield. The projectors make up each point on the shield. You can only destroy them with your Ion Cannon. Hold down the B button to charge up the Ion Cannon then release to fire.
Old 11-22-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by darkside
There are no passcodes besides the one to turn the screen monochrome. LIONHEAD I think.

I can't even get past Hoth so you are doing much better than me.
What got me past Hoth was once that they tell you to help against the AT-ATs, go for the 3 that are closest to the generator. You only need to take down 3.
Old 11-22-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by CreatureX
You need to destroy three of the shield projectors to disable the shield. The projectors make up each point on the shield. You can only destroy them with your Ion Cannon. Hold down the B button to charge up the Ion Cannon then release to fire.
Thanks, I will try that!
Old 11-22-01, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the best strategy. Just book as fast as you can to that sheild wall. Aim for the middle, bottom most generator. Hit it squarely with the ion cannon. After that pull up hard and you should be on a course for another generator. Hit it with the ion cannon. Turn hard left after you blast that one and you will be on a straight course for another one. Hit it with the cannon and the surface mission begins.

As far as passcodes go there is another one, COMPOSER, to get to the music hall in the special features section.
Old 11-22-01, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I am on the same level. I get past the shield but then die trying to destroy the towers. Oh well Hoth was cool.
Old 11-23-01, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by KnightSkywalker

As far as passcodes go there is another one, COMPOSER, to get to the music hall in the special features section.
Thanks for the strategy, as far as the code goes, did you unlock that?
Old 11-23-01, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's the codes I've seen so far (some already mentioned above)

LIONHEAD
Turns the gameplay black and white.

BLAHBLAH

Unlocks the commentary in the special features section (This is commentary that is heard during gameplay)

EXHIBIT!

Unlocks the art gallery in the special features section

COMPOSER

Unlocks the music gallery in the special features section.

Haven't seen any gameplay codes yet. Right now I have 6 silver and 7 gold. Trying to buy the 4th bonus level and also see what's unlocked after getting all gold on the regular 10 missions. (Millenium Falcon is all bronze, and Slave I is all silver)
Old 11-23-01, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BigDaddy
I am on the same level. I get past the shield but then die trying to destroy the towers. Oh well Hoth was cool.
Have you gotten the shield and laser upgrades? The shields really help in lasting a little longer. I wasn't able to get a silver on that level till I upgraded the bombs two times.
Old 11-23-01, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I have not I will try that when I get home. This game rocks. Now if only I could get some help in Halo.
Old 11-23-01, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Anthony Soprano

Thanks for the strategy, as far as the code goes, did you unlock that?
No. I found that code at www.gamefaqs.com on the Rogue Leader board. It is a very helpful board.
Old 11-23-01, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by BigDaddy
I have not I will try that when I get home. This game rocks. Now if only I could get some help in Halo.
Are you lost or stuck in a certain level?
Maybe I can help.
Old 11-23-01, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by UWSarge

Have you gotten the shield and laser upgrades? The shields really help in lasting a little longer. I wasn't able to get a silver on that level till I upgraded the bombs two times.
How do you upgrade the shields, laser and bomb upgrades?
Old 11-24-01, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Anthony Soprano

How do you upgrade the shields, laser and bomb upgrades?
On every one of the regular levels, there are upgrades that you can get. (there are two upgrades on the stealing the imperial shuttle level, with each at a different part of the day)

Once you get the upgrade, you have to still complete the mission. Then after every time after that, you keep the upgrade. (All the upgrades are blueish/purple looking cylinders that spin) You can get upgrades to shields, lasers, computer, 2 proton torpedo upgrades (advanced and then homing), 2 concussion missle upgrades (advanced and then homing), 2 for the bombs (advanced then cluster) and 2 for the cluster missles. (advanced and then homing. You can only use these on Slave I or Darth's fighter)

The shield upgrade is on the 1st mission. When you start taking on the tie fighters, you can find the upgrade sitting on the deathstar. No real good reference points for it, but it's sitting around some turrets. (On the next mission you start, you'll have another blue ring for your shield icons)

The laser upgrade is one of the easiest ones to find. It's on Hoth. After the shield generator gets blown up by the AT-AT's, turn around and go back to where shield generator was. That's where you'll find the upgrade.

Can't remember which levels have the bombs....

(Yes I play this game way too much... still stuck with 6 gold...7 silver)
Old 11-24-01, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This game is so far out over my head its not even funny. I finally beat Hoth, but I've given up on the Prisons of Maw. I can't even figure out what I'm suppose to be shooting at half the time and I can't even get a bronze medal on any level. Beautiful game, but without cheat codes I'm wasting my time.

Back to playing RPGs where the action is nice and slow.