Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Owners of GC, XBOX, and PS2

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-01, 03:51 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owners of GC, XBOX, and PS2

I'm just seeking commentary from people who have multiple systems, and are willing to comment on the systems they own.

Which one do you like more and why? Why did you decide to get more than one system?

Thanks
Old 11-18-01, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I own both the PS2 and the GameCube (as well as a Dreamcast, Saturn, and GBA )

Anyway,

PS2- Great games, like MGS2, Ape Escape2(coming), Smackdown3!, GtA3, Ace Combat 4, etc.
Great support from 3rd parties. Great system

GameCube It's nintendo! I love their franchises!
Old 11-18-01, 04:16 PM

I own 2 out of the three. (cube and PS2). I've decided to hold off on Xbox until I see how their lineup pans out next year. Also, there aren't any current Xbox titles that get me excited enough to make the investment. Halo looks nice, but I just can't take playing 1st person shooters on a console.

If I had to choose just one system out of the three I'd take my PS2. Even though I got a Gamecube today, I still find myself wanting to play Metal Gear Solid 2. And with Final Fantasy on the horizon, I should be playing my PS2 for a while to come.

At the moment I see Xbox and Gamecube as secondary systems. If you own a PS2, and want more options then by all means get whatever system you think has the best games. But just make sure you have a PS2.

-=cysco
Old 11-18-01, 04:20 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Well I have a PS2 and I don't play it. Hopefully when I get MGS2 and the new 007 I will. I just picked up a GameCube today... and I'm feeling kind of cheated. I got Rogue Leader... I don't know, I was expecting to be blasted away... but when Super Smash Bros. Melee comes out... who's to say what I'll be playing more? 007 or Smash Bros?
Old 11-18-01, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Cysco
I own 2 out of the three. (cube and PS2). I've decided to hold off on Xbox until I see how their lineup pans out next year. Also, there aren't any current Xbox titles that get me excited enough to make the investment. Halo looks nice, but I just can't take playing 1st person shooters on a console.

If I had to choose just one system out of the three I'd take my PS2. Even though I got a Gamecube today, I still find myself wanting to play Metal Gear Solid 2. And with Final Fantasy on the horizon, I should be playing my PS2 for a while to come.

At the moment I see Xbox and Gamecube as secondary systems. If you own a PS2, and want more options then by all means get whatever system you think has the best games. But just make sure you have a PS2.

-=cysco

I feel the exact same as you.
Old 11-18-01, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by jrobinson
Well I have a PS2 and I don't play it. Hopefully when I get MGS2 and the new 007 I will. I just picked up a GameCube today... and I'm feeling kind of cheated. I got Rogue Leader... I don't know, I was expecting to be blasted away... but when Super Smash Bros. Melee comes out... who's to say what I'll be playing more? 007 or Smash Bros?
You'll be playing Smash Bros. more, because the new 007 is supposed to be very weak. Get SSX Tricky or GTA3 instead of 007, if you want something great.
Old 11-18-01, 05:30 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have xbox, PS2 and N64. I've been giving equal time to MGS2 and Halo. A GC could be in the future but I'm waiting to see more xbox releases.