Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has anyone recieved thier X-Files Season 4 from Total Action Universe?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-01, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They shipped mine on Nov. 9th. I haven't gotten it yet and I was wondering if anyone has yet. This was my first time ordering from them, so I don't know how long it usually takes to get stuff from them.

Last edited by gusamo; 11-18-01 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-18-01, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If it shipped on September 9th, two things are true.

1) They broke street date in a BIG way!

2) It's lost forever in the mail! 2 months is a LOOOONG time to wait!

If you meant to say November 9, no, it's not been a long time to wait yet.
Old 11-18-01, 06:39 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do they usually ship? I'm out of town for the next week and I placed my first order with them for the X-Files set. I also live in an apartment and I'm worried about them not putting it in one of the large mail lockers with a key in my mailbox. If it is sent and a note is put on my door and it stays there for a couple of days I wouldn't put it past my evil neighbors to go and pick it up for themselves!

Ahhh, what's a paranoid manboy to do?
Old 11-19-01, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They have real good deals on box sets. I've ordered from them before. But beware, it can take up to a month to receive your order. So in your case i wouldn't expect it untill the first week of December.
Old 11-23-01, 02:44 PM

Got my shipping notice on 11/13, received my copy on 11/21.
Old 11-23-01, 04:10 PM

ok this really sucks...Mine shipped on the 9th of Nov. I'm still waiting for it as of Nov. 23. If I don't get it by Monday I'm going to have to contact TAU.

Anyone know there policy on replacing stuff lost in the mail?
Old 11-23-01, 06:25 PM

I still don't have mine either. Shipped Nov. 9. I don't think it's lost. USPS has been pretty screwed up lately. The last thing I had send USPS took almost a week longer to get here than it should have taken.
Old 11-23-01, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by GRIFFIN1
I still don't have mine either. Shipped Nov. 9. I don't think it's lost. USPS has been pretty screwed up lately. The last thing I had send USPS took almost a week longer to get here than it should have taken.
I haven't received it yet also. I agree with the USPS being screwed up as of late. I'm waiting for an order from Amazon that shipped out on the 17th. The USPS website said that my order was misrouted and that it has been corrected. They also said that every effort was being made to deliver my package ASAP. This was on Monday and still no delivery and no update on their website. I'm going to give it til tomorrow and then I'm going to contact Amazon. So, I think that it is the postal service and not TAU that is screwing up.
Old 11-23-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My shipping notice came on the 11th and I have yet to see anything.

I know it's taking longer cause of everything going on. I guess I'll give it a few more days till I bring to their attention.
Old 11-24-01, 07:51 PM

Mine shipped on the 12th and I received it today. For me it always takes about 2 weeks for the orders to arrive from TAU.
Old 11-27-01, 10:53 AM
Cool New Member

It's now the 27th, and I've yet to see anything. My order supposedly shipped on the 11th.
Old 11-27-01, 01:44 PM

Mine shipped on the 9th and I still haven't got it. I just tried calling but I got no answer. If I can't get a hold of them and if it doesn't show up by next Monday the 2nd of Dec. I'm going to dispute the charge with my CC company.
Old 11-27-01, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally got mine yesterday. Just glad they packed it well cause the box was in poor shape by the time it got here.
Old 11-27-01, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I recieved notice at 3AM on the 10th that it shipped.

I'll assume, therefore, that it shipped the 9th.

I contacted TAU and told them that if I hadn't recieved the item by Friday, that I was going to "report the fraudulent charge" to my credit card provider.

Probably won't do much good.
Old 11-27-01, 07:42 PM

Mine shipped on the 11th (probably the 12th, the 11th was a Sunday) and I haven't received it yet.

I would think that if HoNuts received his in Seattle, it should only take a day or two more to get to me in Oregon. I wonder what gives?

I guess I'll give it until the end of the week, and then contact them. Too bad...it's my first order with them.
Old 11-27-01, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I contacted them yesterday and they told me that there was at least 20 other people that had called that day regardeing X-Files Season 4. There are a lot of mad people out there right now. They keep telling me to wait a little longer for my order. They said that the the holidays have slowed up the packages.
Old 11-28-01, 04:09 PM
Cool New Member

I called them today (tried calling several other times and didn't get an answer, and none of my emails or 'live person' messages have been responded to) and they told me to wait til monday and if I haven't received it they will ship it out via air.
Old 11-28-01, 05:30 PM

I called them today (tried calling several other times and didn't get an answer, and none of my emails or 'live person' messages have been responded to) and they told me to wait til monday and if I haven't received it they will ship it out via air.
I just called and they said the same thing. Hopefully it will come soon.
Old 11-29-01, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To the people that have received their shipment (which I haven't), can you tell me if the box set was "slanted" like so many others I've seen in various stores around town? Or did the set come in a nice 'square' shape?
Old 11-29-01, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by bishop2knight
To the people that have received their shipment (which I haven't), can you tell me if the box set was "slanted" like so many others I've seen in various stores around town? Or did the set come in a nice 'square' shape?
I bought 3 copies from them, and 1 was slanted pretty severely. You can fix it by carefully bending it back into shape after you open it. It's really not that big of a deal. I think that they shrink-wrapped some of them too tightly, so that's why the slanting occured.
Old 11-29-01, 12:54 PM

Its now 15-17 days since my copy shipped according to TAU.

Still no sign here in Boston MA.

Bleddyn
Old 11-29-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
19 days and counting for me and still nothing here in Paradise. But I expected this to take about 30 days any way. Thats how long it usually takes for things to get to me from Canada.

Kahuna
Old 11-29-01, 08:22 PM

17 days and counting waiting for mine in Southern New Jersey...if it doesnt come by Monday I'm gonna start to get really annoyed.
Old 11-30-01, 04:21 PM
Cool New Member

I haven't received mine yet either. I casually mentioned this to the post office guy while I was buying stamps.

He said that since the Anthrax scare everything coming across any border is being held up and shipping times have been lengthened by a couple of weeks in some cases.

Total Action Universe is a Canadian company and they ship from Canada, so the X-files sets are probably being held up on the border just like all other mail coming from out of the country.

I'll give them a couple more days before I call to complain.
Old 11-30-01, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got mine few days ago. I had mine a bit slanted too. I had called them up though when I hadn't heard any shipment notices for a few days, etc. and the guy made a point to note when they would ship it. I went through their regular line as I had problems with their 800 phone number, so perhaps that helped get me more attention.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.