Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : XBOX DVD Player - Quality?

DrCaligari
11-18-01, 10:05 AM
Some questions regarding the XBOX's DVD playback capabilities:

- Has anyone come across any compatibility problems with certain DVD's? I was wondering if the XBOX player has playback issues with certain DVD's like the PS2 does (http://dvd.ign.com/articles/315957p1.html).
- Are the zoom/slo-mo features similar to other players?
- How is the video output? Is it more like a Sony/Toshiba player or more like an Apex?

Flay
11-18-01, 10:09 AM
1. No compatibilty problems with dvds.

2. Zoom: yes. Slowmo: yes.

3. It's much better than the PS2 player. I compared the 2 side by side yesterday. But It's still not up to the high end standard of $250 DVD player.

bubbleboy
11-20-01, 01:49 AM
I have both and the one thing about the Xbox DVD player is that it doesn't have the annoying lag that the PS2 has when inputing commands to the DVD player.

mr.snowmizer
11-23-01, 12:48 PM
1. Two different Snow White disc 1's (the movie plus some of the extras) fail to work on my Xbox. So there's at least one 5-year-old in the world very disappointed. :(

lordzeppelin
11-23-01, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by mr.snowmizer
1. Two different Snow White disc 1's (the movie plus some of the extras) fail to work on my Xbox. So there's at least one 5-year-old in the world very disappointed. :(

So I take you are using this as your primary player? With players out there for like $99 that are more than capable of playing stuff normally, Make your 5 year old happy. :)

I personally keep my video games for video games, and my dvd player for dvd/cd. But that's just me! I can't see using my xbox for both, even though I know it's capable...