Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

pro logic II question

Old 11-14-01, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pro logic II question

Pro Logic II is considerded superior to DTS and DD???? Did I read that from someone in this forum?? Maybe I misread but from every source I've evr read DTS is still the king when it comes to audio quality followed by DD. I'm curios because I posted this on another topic but no one responded
Old 11-14-01, 11:06 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

It is not superior, but it almost sounds just as good. Pro Logic II still uses an analog red/white connection. DD and DTS use a digital cable, optical or coaxial.

The sound will always be a notch better with a clearer digital transfer.
Old 11-15-01, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DPL II is a refinement of the old Dolby Pro Logic Surround system. It uses modern DSP's to vastly improve on the analog circuitry that was at the heart of the original system. Keep in mind that the system is still analog at its heart, but the digital signal processing allows much finer control of the matrixing.

Basically you take 6 analog channels and mix them in a special way into 2 channels so that you can "unmix" or "unblend" them. It's nice since it allows compatibility with regular stereo systems and apparently it's not too processor intensive.

I'd argue with the notion that DTS is significantly better than DD, but that's a different debate altogether.