Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Sevendust's new CD Animosity is Amazing!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-01, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know some folks on here know about 7dust and others do not, either way I think you'll be hearing more from them before long. The first single "Praise" is tearing up modern rock station across the country. Animosity was released today, and although I've had some of the "non-mastered" versions for a month, I was literally blown away.

This album is without a doubt there best work, finally Lajon is singing the way he should be, the music is heavy as ever, yet still melodic the way only 7dust can do.

Don't write them off as another nu-metal cliche, this is the 3rd album from them, and they were doing this 5 years ago.

Go out and buy it, download some tracks then buy it, either way. And if you ever get the chance to see them live, do it, very few compare in my opinion.

If you buy it, look for the limited edition with an EXTRA disc featuring 2 live cuts!
Old 11-13-01, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you in the band or something, 'cus you've often talked about them and you've got them in your sig...

Anyways, I saw these guys on Conan not too long ago. I wasn't too impressed. They sounded like most other nu-metal bands. Then again, I'm not into this music, so that's probably why I didn't like it.
Old 11-13-01, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Nosebleed
Are you in the band or something, 'cus you've often talked about them and you've got them in your sig...

Anyways, I saw these guys on Conan not too long ago. I wasn't too impressed. They sounded like most other nu-metal bands. Then again, I'm not into this music, so that's probably why I didn't like it.
I wish I was, just a big fan. The Conan performance was not very impressive, the sound was terrible, and they were not allowed to use there sound equipment.
Old 11-14-01, 01:13 AM

I've seen Sevendust twice, and both times were amazing. I don't think a sterile environment like a late-night talk show can really showcase their talent and energy. Morgan Rose, the drummer, plays with his entire body. He has a fluidity like noone else. In fact, just from sitting behind the drum kit, he's gotten whiplash four times and has thrown out his back countless times. (Okay, that doesn't sound very fluid, but you have to see him play to see what I mean)

I liked their debut album better than Home, but not by much. I'll pick up the new one tomorrow.
Old 11-14-01, 03:52 PM
Suspended

I bought this CD yesterday and have only had time to listen to a few tracks so far, but Im loving what I am hearing. Sevendust, IMO, is one of the biggest underrated bands out there right now.
Old 11-14-01, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gimme the name of a song or two from the album and if I like what I hear, I'll go pick it up. I'm all up for new stuff.
Old 11-14-01, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by CKMorpheus
Gimme the name of a song or two from the album and if I like what I hear, I'll go pick it up. I'm all up for new stuff.
CK, my favorite tracks are Trust, Crucified, Deadset, but the radio single is Praise. Aaron Lewis is featured on Follow. Angels Son is a touching acoustic track dedicate to Lynn Strait, frontman of Snot. He died a couple years back in a car wreck.

Hope you like!
Old 11-29-01, 04:59 PM

I thought their performance on Conan was GREAT! Great song (waffle) & unreal performances just to watch them. You can actually pick up their DVD which has alot of stuff including the performance on Conan AND even on Leno.

Does anyone know how old these guys are? I'm just curious.
Old 11-29-01, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
The few times I've heard 7dust I thought they sounded great but I've yet to buy one of their cd's.

Maybe I'll start with this one.
Old 11-29-01, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by babka
I thought their performance on Conan was GREAT! Great song (waffle) & unreal performances just to watch them. You can actually pick up their DVD which has alot of stuff including the performance on Conan AND even on Leno.

Does anyone know how old these guys are? I'm just curious.
The Conan performance we were referring to was the most recent of the song "praise" the older "waffle" performance rocked!!

Yup, the DVD rocks.

Vinnie Hornsby (bass) - 1967
Morgan Rose (drums) - 1968
John Connoly (guitar) - 1968
Lajon Witherspoon (vocals) - 1972
Clint Lowery (guitar) - 1971

All of the are in the 30ish age!
Old 11-30-01, 04:47 PM

Thanks for the info. Too bad I missed Praise on Conan. I wonder if they will re-run it again.