Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

i've never been more excited to be a gamer!!!!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-10-01, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 amazing consoles at the same time....

forget the system wars, there are excellent games for every system. I just wish we all had the money to buy and enjoy them all. i think good competition will just lead to better games for all of us.

i'll be purchasing a gamecube on lanuch, and my roommate an xbox. we already have a PS2.... next week we will be fighting over what gets more play... halo, star wars or grand theft auto 3....

good times.
very good times...

just thought i'd share.... happy gaming!!!
Old 11-10-01, 09:03 PM

You're lucky--you get to play them all!!
Old 11-10-01, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I agree 100% add the DC and GBA to the mix and five great systems. I picked up Halo and Rouge last night may get GTA3 on Sunday and Street Fighter for the GBA and still want to get Tennis 2k2. Ah if I only had more money.
Old 11-10-01, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Very true. I have a DC, PS2 and GBA. I'm getting a GC at launch and an Xbox after the first of the year. So many good systems and games for each.
Old 11-10-01, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When did you pick up another DC Mark ?
Old 11-11-01, 02:09 AM

It is definitely a good time to be a gamer.
Lots of good games coming out. I just wish each game didn't have to be $50! This seems to be the price point for most of the games on XBOX and PS2 but I'm not sure how much GC games will cost.
Old 11-11-01, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes lots of good games coming out next week (some are already out but we can't play them yet). You people getting all 3 systems, how do you hook them all up to your TV? I was just thinking about that....

..if I had the money to get all 3, how would I connect them all to the TV?
Old 11-11-01, 10:51 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Outlaw
Yes lots of good games coming out next week (some are already out but we can't play them yet). You people getting all 3 systems, how do you hook them all up to your TV? I was just thinking about that....

Well if you have a home theater receiver, you'll have the inputs. If not, just go to any video game store, or even Wal-mart, and get a "System Selector." It has places to plug in 4 sets of A/V cables, and a set of A/V cables runs from it to the input on your TV/VCR/Receiver etc. Then all you do is select which input you want to use by pressing the corresponding button on the front of the system selector. There are a couple brands of these, I believe the usually run around $19.99. So basically, buy one of these, and you'll be all set to hook up as many as 4 systems at the same time.

Currently I have my Dreamcast hooked up through the S-video input on my Wega, with the sound going to one of my inputs on my receiver; while my PS1 and N64 go through the system selector and then through another video input on my receiver.
Old 11-11-01, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by BigDaddy
When did you pick up another DC Mark ?

I picked up a chipped one from a friend back home for 40 bucks

I figured I'd give the DC another shot for 40 bucks and I'm glad I did. I've discovered some cool games that I didn't notice when i had a Dreamcast before.
Old 11-11-01, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Outlaw

That is my problem. I have a DC hooked up with the VGA box to my Hi Def ready TV, a ps2 and DVD player running with component video into my Denon 3801. I have four digital inputs on the Denon which will all be taken after the Xbox. One for cable one for DVD one for PS2 and one for the Xbox. My problem is trying to get a switcher that will handle component video thay make them but they are expensive. I may just settle for s video for now.
Old 11-11-01, 04:44 PM

I am using a switcher right now. but when I get my cube I am moving my DC upstairs to the bedroom. So here will be my setup:

Downstairs:
PS2
GameCube
VCR
DVD
Using an s-video switcher going to my 32" Sony
audio from my digital cable box will go straight to the receiver

Upstairs:
VCR
DVD
DC

DC will run to the front inputs on my 20" VVega and the DVD to the back inputs.... and the VCR will be connect to my digital cable box