Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ordering PS2 from Buy.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-01, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering PS2 from Buy.com

Just wanted to share my experiences, and gives you guys some warning. With the $25 off $250 coupon around this looked like a great deal to me, so I placed an order on 10/31. (Product page said usually ships out in 24-48 hours.) However, I still do not have it, and they claim they are delayed more than a week.

I have requested that they change the product page to show a warning or at least out of stock, but they refused that. I have also requsted that they waive the shipping charges or upgrade to overnight for people who have been sitting there patiently waiting for the PS2. It was also denied.

So, just to sum it up, pricewise this is pretty good deal. Be prepared for a very long wait and unhelpful CSR people.

PS. Is there a place that I can report this kind of business practice? "Usually ships in 24-48 hours" is definitely false at the moment, since the CSR I talked to said that it would never ship out in 24-48 hours. Anyone ordering these right now hoping that they would ship on Monday or Tuesday are being lied to...
Old 11-09-01, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I cancelled my PS2 order with them because they were having a problem with their order fulfillment software and were halting order fulfillments but they shipped it anyway. I'm going to send it back for a refund (i bought a ps2 over at ebgames.com and got 1 day shipping for just 5 bucks more than buy.coms shipping... ordered on friday, got it on monday morning) or sell it to my friend and use the money to pay my credit card if they ever charge me (which they will more than likely).

I ordered Shrek from them a looong time ago and cancelled my preorder over a month ago and they still shipped it. That place has some issues it needs to work out before I will shop there again.
Old 11-09-01, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just experienced the same problem...ordered two for a couple of friends...they finally received them this week so there is hope for you!!!
Old 11-09-01, 09:41 PM

Re: Ordering PS2 from Buy.com

Originally posted by regnasta
"Usually ships in 24-48 hours" is definitely false at the moment
I've had the same problem with buy.com in the past. In one case, a game I ordered that "ships in 24-48 hours" hadn't arrived after a few weeks. Their customer support wasn't much help, either. They did promise me a $15 credit for the delay, but I never received it. After 2+ months of waiting, I finally gave up and cancelled my order. (The whole time, the site continued to list it as in-stock). I don't order from them anymore.
Old 11-10-01, 01:07 AM

Just wondering... those of you that ordered and got a PS2 from Buy.com, how long did it take? 2 weeks, 3 weeks? I already waited 1.5 weeks, so if you guys got them in about 2 weeks I'll just wait. From what mrjones said, I'm afraid to go ahead and cancel. Don't wanna bother with them anymore. Just wanna get the PS2 and be done with them forever. I'd rather give my money to people who do good business.

I'm glad I didn't go ahead with the Buy.com Moulin Rouge pre-order. (I price-matched it with DeepDiscountDVD... hehe)
Old 11-10-01, 08:22 AM

I have same problem too.

I had ordered Playstation2 Game "MD2" back few months ago. One was with ship change, one without ship change. I have received the one with ship change. But I have still not received the one without ship change, even this one is order few days berfore. If you go to the order page, there will show as still wait.

I guess I will never receive this order. Someday I will call them to question, but I did not have time right now.

Anyway. we should avoid buy.com, go with amazon.com and others.

Jingyi Hu
Old 11-10-01, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by regnasta
Just wondering... those of you that ordered and got a PS2 from Buy.com, how long did it take? 2 weeks, 3 weeks? I already waited 1.5 weeks, so if you guys got them in about 2 weeks I'll just wait. From what mrjones said, I'm afraid to go ahead and cancel. Don't wanna bother with them anymore. Just wanna get the PS2 and be done with them forever. I'd rather give my money to people who do good business.

I'm glad I didn't go ahead with the Buy.com Moulin Rouge pre-order. (I price-matched it with DeepDiscountDVD... hehe)

I placed my order on October 21, 2001 and received it November 8, 2001 so a little over 2 weeks, even though I cancelled it on November 1st... it still came.
Old 11-10-01, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Although their item page stated usually ships in 24-48 hours....they actually had this item on order for 11/01/2001 which would explain the delay.