Reload this Page >

Duke Nukem Forever Pre-Order

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-07-01, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

So I noticed that Dragon.ca had Duke Nukem Forever available for Pre-Order and the release date set to Nov 24th 2001. Now upon visiting 3drealms.com you'll find that they still say that if you see a release date ANYWHERE that it's bogus and they still assert that it'll come out "When It's Done!" and no sooner. So I'm curious if other stores have this available for pre-order and what their date is. Perhaps this is a pointless excercise, but since I'm so excited to play this game I'm just hoping against hope. I know it's probably a bogus date. Still, I'd like to see if other retailers start doing this... I have a feeling that if lots of places start doing this - then it might be true. I did a quick check on a price search engine and dragon is the only place that's doing this... the price search engines don't get every store though, so if you find something go ahead and post.

www.dragon.ca - November 24th, 2001

Old 11-07-01, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, that's just an estimation. I read a rpeview yesterday that suggested it might be out by the end of the year because it was promised to be released before Unreal 2 (which is supposed to be Spring 2002). I would be very surprised if it was released by February, but I'm sure that's what George Bropussard wants to do.
Old 11-08-01, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.
Old 11-08-01, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This game is sure taking Forever for them to finish. I thought this was supose to be one of the big releases of 1999.
Old 11-09-01, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The sad thing is that when it normally takes this long, the game ends up sucking :-/ or in the very least, being way to behind the times.
Old 11-09-01, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BizRodian
The sad thing is that when it normally takes this long, the game ends up sucking :-/ or in the very least, being way to behind the times.
Well perhaps that's what happened with Daikatana, but Max Payne took that long and it didn't really suck - I mean, it could've been longer - but it didn't suck. What else was there that took so long that ended up sucking? Wheel Of Time? Unreal?
Old 11-13-01, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RudeBoie
Nah, that's just an estimation. I read a rpeview yesterday that suggested it might be out by the end of the year because it was promised to be released before Unreal 2 (which is supposed to be Spring 2002). I would be very surprised if it was released by February, but I'm sure that's what George Bropussard wants to do.
There was a .plan update on 3drealms that talked about that review - they said something to the effect that they couldn't believe that people were getting paid to make stuff up like that. The article you're talking about said that George promised the game to be out before Unreal 2 and that they were shooting for Christmas 2001. The 3drealms guy basically said none of that is true. I wish it was true - I can't really wait anymore. The video trailer I saw looks like it's done. I want this game, dammit!

The 3drealms site also says that ANY store or source saying they have information on when the game will be out is full of sh**. That means reviews, stores, magazines, friends, whatever... So unless we hear from someone inside 3drealms, we're gonna have to wait.