Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Star Trek TMP from Amazon?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 503 Likes on 255 Posts

Did anyone receive ST TMP from Amazon? I asked them where my order was and the replyed that they received so many orders for this title that they are sending them out on a basis of earliest order. I ordered mine on August 22. Did anyone order later and receive shipping confirmation?
Old 11-07-01, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't help you out. I have minde bundled in a pre-order with Grinch and JP III - so I son't see mine until mid-December.

You may want to trade another e-mail with thier customer service. I had a recent problem with a title shipping late (Star Wars I). I complained to thier customer service ("What is the reason for Pre-ordering from Amazon - I could have walked into Best Buy and gotten this sooner!). They responded by upgrading my shipping to second day - free of charge.

Good luck and good viewing - I'm sure you'll be watching this long before I do...
Old 11-07-01, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 503 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally posted by Leebobsol
Can't help you out. I have minde bundled in a pre-order with Grinch and JP III - so I son't see mine until mid-December.

You may want to trade another e-mail with thier customer service. I had a recent problem with a title shipping late (Star Wars I). I complained to thier customer service ("What is the reason for Pre-ordering from Amazon - I could have walked into Best Buy and gotten this sooner!). They responded by upgrading my shipping to second day - free of charge.

Good luck and good viewing - I'm sure you'll be watching this long before I do...
If it wasn't for online coupons...I miss the days when online prices were better than B&M.
Old 11-07-01, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
I received mine today. I ordered it on 11/4, with 3 other DVDs that were released this week. No clue why you haven't received yours...
Old 11-07-01, 08:08 PM

Don't know about you guys but I highly doubt Amazon is using a true FIFO system as they say they are. Call me crazy but it sure seems as if you're put in the end of the queue if you're paying your order with promos/coupons/STL and GCs and giving priority to those who are charging at least part of the order. If you call or send mail, they usually do upgrade you to UPS 2nd day though.

Max, by any chance, was most or all of the order paid via STL/promo/GCs?
Old 11-07-01, 11:15 PM

I ordered mine from deepdiscountdvd (first time) and it just shipped today even though other 11/6 releases I ordered at the same time shipped on Monday. Hey, it's free shipping, so I don't care if they want to ship separately.
Old 11-07-01, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Star Trek TMP order from Amazon shipped on 11/7. I don't think your order date makes a difference since mine was placed 7/10.

I did use STL, GCs, and coupons for the order. I don't think that makes a difference either since I had another order with the same discounts ship the Friday before the release date. If anyone can figure out Amazon please let me know.
Old 11-08-01, 01:14 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I doubt Amazon uses FIFO to fill their orders. Their software messed up recently, dropping coupon/STL and charging customers for full amount. Some orders are stuck in limbo forever after weeks of release even when stock has been in stock.

For the record, my Shrek still hasn't shipped. My previous preorder - Final Fantasy - didn't ship for the whole week after release and I had to call them three times to complain.

If your order doesn't ship in a couple of days. You can be sure your order is in limbo, just like my Shrek.