Reload this Page >

Wolfenstein Mplayer Test 2

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-07-01, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

It's out now - anyone else play it yet? I've played both now - it's the same map and a few things are different... but not that different. For me, the same bugs. I kinda preferred the first version. Either way - I can't say I'm all that impressed with this game so far. I hope the single player game is good.

Old 11-07-01, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wolfenstein Return to Castle released?? Oh, jeez.. I need to boost my computer to play this game!!!
Old 11-07-01, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, just the second online test. Anyone know when the actual game is scheduled for release?

They've fixed a few things, changed some of the graphics, tweaked some of the gameplay.

BTW, McHawkson, the system I play it on is no monster. Athlon 650, Radeon DDR, Win2K. It's fine at 8x6 with med. textures.
Old 11-07-01, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by belboz
BTW, McHawkson, the system I play it on is no monster. Athlon 650, Radeon DDR, Win2K. It's fine at 8x6 with med. textures.
Yes, but this computer is Intel 500 MHz. I already have Athlon 700 MHz but I haven't put it together.
Old 11-08-01, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I played the first demo and now this one

I am a big wolfenstein fan. and you sure as hell know i am looking forward to it.

the demo out there right now is nice. But you have to remember this is a big team based game. You can't really expect to go out there by yourself and win maps. you have to really use team work

Now, at best buy, you can reserve your copy and there will be a limited edition tin out of the game when it comes out around dec.

Old 11-13-01, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
anyone know where to submit bug reports for this "test"? I have a problem with it on my PC... when I start a game, I get a sound stuttering where it repeats a second of sound 4 times and then gives me 2 seconds of playability and then does the stuttering again... when it stutters, I can't really move. After a few minutes, it clears up and I can play again. Then - if I'm on a server with a bunch of players (over 20), sometimes the player sounds - like footsteps, weapons, talk etc... go silent but I can still hear the ambient sounds. If you type /snd_restart in the console, it restarts the game and puts you back into that server and the sound works again, but when I do this sometimes I get the stuttering again. It's frustrating. The stuttering problem was kinda there in Test 1, but it was only on certain servers and now it's all the time. The stuttering might be my PC, but if it's a compatability issue - I should report it since nobody else I've talked to has really heard of this problem.
Old 11-15-01, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

planetwolfenstien.com should have some links to the offical forums. Or you could try their fourms.
Old 11-15-01, 02:46 PM

FYI...Castle Wolfenstein went gold last night, ETA week of Nov 20th

-Naan
Old 11-15-01, 03:43 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Going off of the teamwork subject, does anyone know if the development team plans on putting in voice communication into the final version for Multi-player gaming a la Counter-Strike?

I think voice-com would be tremendous for Wolfenstein...

-BT
Old 11-15-01, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are independant programs for that... but I'm unsure if there's any offical ones.